Police sirens - getting them all to work!

It seems that different downloaded cops use different sirens

Forgotmytea
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Police sirens - getting them all to work!

Postby Forgotmytea » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:52 pm

Hi everyone,

Well, when it comes to MM2, I'm a bit of a police addict. I just enjoy driving around with sirens blaring so much 8) The trouble is, as I'm sure some of you will know, some cop cars seem to have special addon_vehtypes.ar files, which while it enables that one police car's sirens to work, the rest stop working, and the game freezes when you try to activate them! I was wondering if there's some file/program somewhere that allows you to merge the .ar's or something, so that all the sirens work. Just in case it helps, at the moment I have the FBI Cadillac and the 2000 SF Crown Victoria cars installed, and both of them (and the default Mustang Cruiser) work siren-wise - though for some reason the Fire Truck's sirens now don't work! :lol: :roll:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D I have all these downloaded police cars, but none that I can use, as they cause the game to freeze as soon as I try to activate the sirens...

Thanks in advance,

-Forgotmytea

arveen_7112
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Postby arveen_7112 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:33 am

you help me i will help you.sirens????..........try the aud.ar merging with the whatever file that makes you enable the sirens.or try fiddling your setting maybe you need the sound on.or try PUSHING THE GRAPHICS TO THE MAX!!!!.

-forgotmytea

8)

Forgotmytea
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Forgotmytea » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:01 am

Thanks for the suggestions - I do have the graphics on max, and it's not just the sound being off, it's that the entire game freezes and crashes as soon as I press Return. But thanks for the merging idea - forgive my ignorance, but how would I go about doing that? :wassat:

-Forgotmytea

*EDIT* Never mind, it's sorted now (except the FBI cadillac, as it has some special addonvehtypes file I don't dare try it! :P), thanks to the advice of arveen :D

midtownguy
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Postby midtownguy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:02 pm

Can you give me links to your police cars to download? I a siren addict too!!:D If you have any other cars with sirens please tell me!!