remove the default cars from the game

A320_Pilot
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

remove the default cars from the game

Postby A320_Pilot » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:04 pm

i am just thinking....
is it possible to remove the default cars from the game?
because it will be good to remove default cars and put mm2x cars
in racing.traffic.police.....
the (Q):
is the default cars in mm2tex.ar?
is yes how to open it?

Thanks
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Vj394OU.jpg[/img]
[color=cyan][b]4.6L V8?[/b][/color] [color=white]I think[/color] [color=red][b]YES![/b][/color]

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby zoot » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:09 pm

dear2. Download via MM2c. Just remove the tune files.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

A320_Pilot
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby A320_Pilot » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:16 pm

so this is how to remove the default cars?
ok thanks
now will you tell me the other part?
installing the new cars
[color=cyan][b]4.6L V8?[/b][/color] [color=white]I think[/color] [color=red][b]YES![/b][/color]

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:18 pm

You just make their tune files renamed to the original mm2 car's tune files' n
names.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:50 pm

Remove the 20 default game cars is possible, but it's not something easy and fast to do. The DeAR 2 program is just needed to unpack the game .ar files, the first step to do this. After have got the game files unpacked, you have to delete the ones of the default game files, make all of them in one new .ar file, remove the default .ar files of the game replacing them with the new made one and test in the game. At the end all should work.
However, it's not suggested remove the default game cars, because some mods and cars add-ons uses files of them, but this depends from which files you remove, if they're the ones of 3D modes, tuning, .info files and vehicle showcase, there's no problem, unlike with removing also the sounds an the textures.
If the purpose is just to don't have the default game cars in the vehicle selection menu list, is enough have empty .info files of them, make a .ar file of them and test it in the game.
All this has been already discussed here in past.

PS: please, use appropriate titles for your topics, and think if is worth post them, and, for what reason in the world you'd made the text in an unreadable blue color? :roll:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

wanna_indonesian_bus
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Postby wanna_indonesian_bus » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:13 am

Hmm.. Just use DB's revisited 4.1 patch, and click 'bonus mods' and the ! !nodefaultcars.ar should be in there, and extract the ! !nodefaultcars.ar to your mm2 directory, you can download at mm2x at 'mod' section
[img]https://home.hkstar.com/~ckctp/busstop1.gif[/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:20 am

Right, I kinda reminded that what I've explained about don't have the default game cars in the vehicle selection menu list has been already made and released (I'd also collaborated for it...). Here's the MM2 Revisited V4 mod patch 4.1, download it and extract in your game folder the ! ! !nodefaultcars.ar file placed in the Bonus Mods/No Default Cars folder in the archive.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

A320_Pilot
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby A320_Pilot » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:28 pm

Remove the 20 default game cars is possible, but it's not something easy and fast to do. The DeAR 2 program is just needed to unpack the game .ar files, the first step to do this. After have got the game files unpacked, you have to delete the ones of the default game files, make all of them in one new .ar file, remove the default .ar files of the game replacing them with the new made one and test in the game. At the end all should work.
However, it's not suggested remove the default game cars, because some mods and cars add-ons uses files of them, but this depends from which files you remove, if they're the ones of 3D modes, tuning, .info files and vehicle showcase, there's no problem, unlike with removing also the sounds an the textures.
If the purpose is just to don't have the default game cars in the vehicle selection menu list, is enough have empty .info files of them, make a .ar file of them and test it in the game.
All this has been already discussed here in past.

PS: please, use appropriate titles for your topics, and think if is worth post them, and, for what reason in the world you'd made the text in an unreadable blue color? :roll:
wow!
this is too much to do
and when i used DB'S mod to remove the cars it just removed it from the cars menu
but not from the race.
i was asking: ''how to remove them from the game''i don't mean to remove them from the cars menu only
i wanted to remove them from the race too.
and i just like that colour.
last thing:
i did not understand all that things.
do you mean that the game wont work if i removed the cars from all the game?
i am going to explode this is too much for me.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:08 pm

The Dummiesboy's No Default Cars mod removes indeed the default game cars only from the vehicle selection menu, it doesn't delete anything; without them the races and the cities cop cars can't work, or they had to be deleted and edited. This is the only good purpose to don't have the in-game cars, right to don't have them in the vehicle selection menu list, so you can easily select the add-on vehicles without have the list full with the default game ones that aren't used by who cares only to the add-on cars. I don't understand any good reason to don't have also the files of the default game cars and so them in the races; the game won't have to load their files, yes, but they aren't big like most of the cars add-ons...
I haven't said that the removing of the game default cars files will make the game not work, I've said the contrary, that should work. I meant that some mods and add-on cars couldn't work properly or not have some features because of the default game cars files missing; as said too, if are left their textures and sounds, there shouldn't be this problem, though.

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby aaro4130 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:19 pm

Or do hex edit out of exe...
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:49 pm

lol... i dont think thats possible.

A320_Pilot
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby A320_Pilot » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:01 pm

now i got really confused :? :?
DB'S mod only removes them from the cars menu?
ok but when i saw ((NO))default cars i was thinking that will delete them.
and when you said :( ...without them the races and the cities cop cars can't work, or they had to be deleted and edited...)
did you mean that the game will work if i deleted the default cars.races.cities.police the game will work?
hope thats what you mean. 8O

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Keep in mind this: how can a mod fisically delete game files? It's just impossible, a mod "overwrites" the game files that it's going to edit/change, and removing it, all returns as was before.

Come on, now let's close this discussion, I'm done with it. Conclusion: isn't worth edit the game files deleting the game vehicles files, with the conseguence of edit the files for the cop cars in SF and London, and delete the files of the races, if all in the game have to work fine. The work to do is pretty complicated and long, too. The Dummiesboy's mod does what some other members look for, don't have the default game vehicles right in the vehicle selection menu, so to have more space/slots for the add-on ones.

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years

Postby wilder » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:30 am

You can use DB's mod and change your opponents and police cars by yourself
Or replace whole your new cars basenames with defaults ones just like HQTM Classic Madness (very long to do)

wanna_indonesian_bus
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Postby wanna_indonesian_bus » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:36 am

Come on, now let's close this discussion.
Yeah, I agree with you franch, I'm Bored with this topic, let's close this discussion. 8)
[img]https://home.hkstar.com/~ckctp/busstop1.gif[/img]