Paintjobs

DeMMir
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Paintjobs

Postby DeMMir » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:01 pm

I want to ask you is there any tutorials on how to make paint jobs and put them in car files and witch program is for that use and where can I find it:?:

It's for MM2 just to mention... :idea:

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Zac4084 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:21 pm

I just go and open a *ar with WinRAR, go to the textures folder, find the paintjob name, then go into Photoshop or a similar program, put in a color I want, then put !!!paintjobmod.ar, put it in the MM2 folder, and its done.

You can also use Car Skin Changer.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Essentially depends on which car you want to edit.
If you're talking about the default game cars, is easy get their files, but isn't really easy edit the paintjobs textures correctly. If you mean the add-on cars, there are many cases, but most of the cars, especially the models conversions, uses a simple and little plain color texture for each paintjob, really easy to create. In both the cases, the file names of the textures mucsh not be changed, otherwise the edit won't work; the colors names will stay the same. At the end, put them a new folder called Texture, make a .zip file of it and rename it to something like !!!paintjobmod.ar, as Zac suggests.

The MM2 Car Skin Changer program is only needed to change the paintjobs of most of the HQTM-Team cars. It's a really good program, but for the other cars you have to create an ID file, and if the car that you want to change paintjobs isn't yours, and don't know how create the ID and with which basenames the .pkg file has been exported, becomes hard make it, and so isn't necessary the use of this program.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|