steinhauser22
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

My 3 huge problems

Postby steinhauser22 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:50 pm

Please help me!!!

I've 3 problems:

the first is that how to make fully a player car into mm2, including modelling, sound, programming, dash, and some new functions I'd like to add like switching off the engine (for example while I park somewhere), to switch on the headlight, to change direction (with feedback light); how to put the ready car in, and so on.

The 2nd: my game crashes sometimes, I think when there are too many cars put in, it writes an error message (with some kinda problem 'Memory_heap allocating' in it). Is there a solution to avoid my game's crashing?

The third is that where could I get a real fully comprehensive (more than MM2 Ultimate tweaker) car setting-modifier?

Thanks,
THomas Steinhauser

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:53 pm

Welcome to the forum. :D

1st. To make a complete player car for MM2, please see this help guide in this topic. In MM2 is impossible to add a switching off engine and headlights operations, and about the direction lights is the same thing.

2nd. MM2 crash while first loading or while loading a car beacuse in the first case there are many .ar files to load for the game, and in the second case there are some conflict between player cars. The solution is to remove some .ar files (make sure that them are about 20, see this thread), or use the MM2 Game Loader, a very good MM2 add-ons manage program.

3rd. The MM2 Ultimate Tweaker is the best player cars' tweaker program available. There's also the MM2 Vehicle Editor, an old program with the same GUI of the MM2 game, but I don't know where now you can get this program and it needs a registration to edit all installed cars. The MM2 Ultimate Tweaker uses the same values of the tuning cars' files.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Richard_P
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Postby Richard_P » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:56 pm

looks like franch has it all under control! you can get the engine to turn off, just make a silent idling sound. but you will never get a starting sound. light cant be directed or anything to that sort. mm2 is a basic game, if no other vehicles have these features it cant be done
[img]https://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c89/Richard3100/signsmall.jpg[/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:00 pm

Right Richard. :) Is a good idea using a silent sound like idle motor sound, but the result at the low engine regimes isn't good. To add new features like that to the game it needs a new programming instructions, and this is very hard if impossible.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

steinhauser22
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby steinhauser22 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:22 pm

Thanks for everybody who helped me!

Now I see that modifying the source code is difficult, an' is not my cup o' tea to make. I guess that who made the original game is/was a programming genious, but I'm not.

But I've again stg to ask (sorry): how to make the new sounds for the game - in which way (I mean recording or is there a sound generator)? And can anybody gimme a real high-detailed list of how-to tune the car (e.g what do the functs mean)? I've readed the mm2c forum's topic what sum1 of you has recommended me, but it's not real satisfying. Plz don't see me sententious, but I cannot alter so many functions that I could find out the missing ones. I hope that sum1 has discovered all expressions in all files, what do they mean and some properties of them

Plz help!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:10 pm

If you want to change some game sounds you must wiev their names and file type extracting them through the program DeAR 2. Open the two MM2 audio files and extract all audio files on them; after hear the sounds and make a mod with your sound files with the same names and folders and zip all in a .zip files and rename it in .ar extension. Put the file in your MM2 main directory and make sure that the file is ahead the mm2aud.ar and mm2audex.ar files (with a "!" simbol in front of the name). Start the game and check the changes. This change for all the game musics is impossible.
About the tuning files on the MM2C Forum there's a tuning file guide (there's a link on my previous link) and that is the only guide for tuning files. The alternative to the manual changes (more hard but precise) is the MM2 Ultimate Tweaker program. To alter the handling of a car you may try to edit the .vehgyro and the .vehstuck files. On the .vehcarsim file there are the values about suspension.

steinhauser22
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby steinhauser22 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:54 am

That thing IS good, man, thanks a lot! I could modify successfully many properties. I'll try to make a car in the early future.
Do you know the exact location of the House Mod's house (what can man download from here - house.ar)?

Gafaddict
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 20 years 3 months

Postby Gafaddict » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:42 pm

The House in the House Mod is located right next to the entrance to the Golden Gate Bridge.
[color=white]So many rocks up in my watch I can't tell what the time is

Also, [url=https://www.mmarchive.com]Midtown Madness Archive[/url][/color]