Question about MM1 checkpoints races

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Question about MM1 checkpoints races

Postby Jimmy89 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:20 pm

There's something I don't really understand, as far as I noticed in this game, the more you progress into races, blitz and circuits, the more it's meant to be difficult.
That said, I am wondering, what makes the Beetle Blast-a-Thon a difficult race meant to be placed in the last pack of checkpoints? Sure there is snowing, but otherwise, it's less difficult than Aptitude Test and Frosty Finale. And less difficult as well than Freeway Flyer, Perimeter's Perils, Beat the Bridges and Crosstown Switchback. So why do you think apart from the snow aspect, did they put it at the end of the ckeckpoints?

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:25 am

MM1 doesn't claim that as you move ahead in races, races become more difficult. It's MM1 style! It's very nice to observe a lot of beetles in last 2nd race, isn't it? I personally think MM1's races are very great.

I don't think so the Aptitude Test and Beetle Blast a thon were put randomly in last. MM1 actually believes that final races should have:
  • Similar vehicles (Last three races have only one type of vehicle each race).
  • Snow Resistant (because last three races are snowy)
  • Traffic Resistant (MM1 have 100% traffic for each race. But because these last three races are long, so to make them as a surviving race, they put powerful vehicles. F-350, Beetle, GTR-1 have more HP than any other vehicles.)
The thing you actually like to see comes in MM2. In MM2, as the race level goes up, difficulty increases.

Have you tried my MM1 racepack? It has different races, but races become harder as level goes up. Try it, it's fun.

You can download the race pack here. ;)
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Jimmy89 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Already downloaded and played some of them, must say the last circuits, blitz and checkpoints are indeed difficult! :P