2 upcomign releases

highpoly dynasty and highpoly f150, and maybe a surprise ...

Richard_P
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

2 upcomign releases

Postby Richard_P » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:04 am

well, these have been on the mm2 backburner for a while. my beloved and retired dynasty, and my new f150. the dynasty is ingame and the f150 is just finishing up with modeling.

for the dynasty:
ok, near release time. theres a few bug that are bugging me, like grey windows in selection screen. shine will not turn off and thats about it. i just need to add the blue neon lights inside and it should be satisfactory for me to release, at least a beta, i have no clue when ill really finish it. i am permitting mm2br, mmarchive and mm2x to post a beta if they wish. the truck is coming along aswell, but still not anywhere near ingame, lots fo things to work out for it.

the f150:
its undecided if i will add working police lights. i want to to add the effect of my lightbar, but my truck doesnt have a siren, it only has lights. the brake lights in the lightbar will light up asweel, and i will make the alternating rear flashers in the lower lever flash with animated textures. the takedown lights will come on with the headlights aswell. there still lots of texture work left to be done and the 2 exhaust pipes need to be modeled. the interior is made by offroader23 from a model he did.

i might also have another upcoming car... a police car

heres the real cars:
dynasty:
https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2495627
f150:
https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2633520
Last edited by Richard_P on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]https://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c89/Richard3100/signsmall.jpg[/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:31 pm

Very nice upcoming releases Richard! :D
I know that you are a very good modeler, but seems to me that this is your first MM2 car with interiors and transparent windows.
For the problem with the black windows in the menu maybe you have make 0 percent of opacity in that material in ZModeler (I think 0% because are really transparent). Simply use a little gray texture (32x32) for the windows with at least 80% (also 100%) of alpha transparency, and after put 100% opacity on ZModeler windows material. There's already a topic about this where I've put the same solution. To remove shine from some materials you can use the Maxoff PKG exporter (see below the page) or the MM2 City Toolkit with the File Explorer that allows to remove shine from materials (see this). For blue neon effect you can use the same MM2 shadow texture but with a different name with it's night version (maybe this with this effect). If you use the night MM2 shadow texture with the same name with this effect (file name vpshadow_ni.tga) all game cars and traffic have this effect, however very nice.
For the truck you can use the working lights without sirens (I think that the siren sound doesn't stay in Horn folder). I have a truck with flashlights but without sirens. However I don't know so much about working lights. Good idea the animated textures.
Good luck with your realizations and I hope that I've gave you an help. :wink:

PS: that traffic mod is yours, but seems to be a different version respect your SF Police and Traffic mod.
Last edited by Franch88 on Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Richard_P
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Richard_P » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:31 pm

ive done intereoirs quite a bit before in mm2, but never had this problem. my first traffic mod had police cars with interiors and a few traffic cars. and you cannot have police lights without the siren. i started having strange problems with that pkg exporter, it would make the pkg option dissapear from the dropdown list in zmodeler. but it used to work fine.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:32 pm

I waited that you already knew my councils. Your SF Police and Traffic mod has some cars with interiors and transparent windows, like the taxi car, but in that image it doesn't have interiors... For the sirens maybe is possible to use a silent audio file. For me the Maxoff PKG exporter working fine with the ZModeler 1.07a.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Richard_P
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Richard_P » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:44 pm

can you send me that zmodeler?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:39 pm

How can I send to you the Zmodeler 1.07a? However this PKG exporter works also with the latest version of ZModeler 1, the 1.07b, that you can download here.

Richard_P
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Richard_P » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:41 pm

the f150 is almost mm2 ready. it has wheels, exhaust, all lights functionable and will have my custom dixie horn.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:37 pm

Nice exhausts and textures! Wheel texture needs an improvement. :wink:
It'll be a great truck, also if it maybe couldn't have a dashboard.

Richard_P
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Richard_P » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:27 pm

the wheels were fixed, i guess i didnt copy-paste my post from mm2c, i said those needed to be fixed. ill get new pics in a second, im just going to update my other topic here

heres pics

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:47 pm

It looks very great, but the worklights are different respect the MM2 Police Mustang. I think that you have used an animated textures for them (if is therefore them are ever working). However is very good.

Richard_P
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Richard_P » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:55 pm

i decided not to do anything with the lights and animated textures. i just put tail/stop lights, reverse lights and extra headlights

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:21 pm

So the tail lights, the revers lights and the break lights has been used for the lightbar. The extra headlights are in front of the lightbar.

Richard_P
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Richard_P » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:53 am

yes, just like the real thing. there is 2 amber lights on the bottom in the back, thats what i wanted to make animated

Mort
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Postby Mort » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:07 pm

hey like the look of those, especially the f150, if only it had a siren with flashing red and blue lights :P

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:08 pm

hey like the look of those, especially the f150, if only it had a siren with flashing red and blue lights :P
Is also possible to make the flashbar with flashing white and orange lights, that are the colors of the flashbar of this truck. I have a bus towing with flashlights with these colors.
The backlights look with dark stripes... maybe you're trying with animation.