extracting ingame music

jordanwb
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

extracting ingame music

Postby jordanwb » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:50 am

Does anyone know how to extract the ingame music in MM2? I really like the music played when I first start the game. I looked in mm2aud.ar and mm2audex.ar but perhaps I'm not looking hard enough. Any pointers?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:53 pm

Hi! Download the DeAR 2 here, open this program, load the two MM2 audio file one to time, click to list files, select all file and click extract. After extracting find the folders with files in your Midtown Madness 2 directory. I don't know where are the musics, but check all audio files in this folders. I hope that I've help you, because I believe that you have already done this. :roll:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

jordanwb
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Postby jordanwb » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:44 pm

I figured that much out when I used DeAR. The problem is I don't know what folder the music is in

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:35 pm

I believe that the game musics are in the folder called "dmusic" in the mm2aud.ar file, because the files names make think to this. The file types are unknow, and I don't have any idea to open they.

PS: next time don't put this type of topics in help section, but in general or help room section, this section isn't much viewed...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Gafaddict
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 20 years 3 months

Postby Gafaddict » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:10 am

This topic has been discussed before, the general conclusion is that it can't be done. The music was genereated with some DirectX program to make it synchronous with the happenings in the game (like that guitar riff that happens whenever you fly down a street, or how the music speeds up at the end of the race). So, even if you were to somehow able to decompile the song files, you'd just be left with a few incomplete soundfile fragments.
[color=white]So many rocks up in my watch I can't tell what the time is

Also, [url=https://www.mmarchive.com]Midtown Madness Archive[/url][/color]