MM2 crashes when vehicle is selected

dannymouse
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

MM2 crashes when vehicle is selected

Postby dannymouse » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:44 am

Trying to add vehicles to MM2.
Been through some threads but found no exact solution but have tried the following from some threads.
I have added the ! ! !rv5_nodefaultcars.ar file and the zzzzzzzzzemptyvehicleslot.ar file and i have tried all sorts of vehicles with large and small file sizes.
MM2 opens but i can't select a vehicle. It just keeps crashing mm2. It happens even only with one vehicle (like i tried the ducati motorbike which is 1.7MB in size.) it still crashed mm2
Can someone help.
Thanks
daniel

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby aaro4130 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:29 pm

Are you using software rendering?
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

dannymouse
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby dannymouse » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:37 pm

Yes i am using the option called:
Software only(no 3D video card)

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Create a new driver profile then try. It worked for me always when it produces "ting" sound when default selected car appears and crashes. Try it.
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

dannymouse
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby dannymouse » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:54 pm

Ok so i changed the renderer to Hardware (3D video card with T... (can't see the rest of the option) the last option under the rendering options anyway.
And i deleted and re created the driver profile. I can now select vehicles and use them without it crashing but i now have another problem. I get all the triangles and squares flickering on my screen in the map.

EDIT: Also i don't have any trees or fences etc. Is that something to do with the renderer
Just another thing. Bit off this subject. I wondered what the "broken" button did where you go to download a car. I accidentally put in a report. Don't know whether you can see who's name it is under but it was me and forget it. It was an accident.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:58 pm

The problem that you're getting it's probably given by the ! ! !rv5_nodefaultcars.ar file: this file removes the 20 default game cars from the vehicle selection menu, but it isn't a solution for problems, it's practically made in case you don't want to see the default cars in that menu because you don't use them and their presence are kinda disturbing for you. To get no game crashes problems because of this file when going in the vehicle selecting menu, after have put it you must create a new player profile; this is also said in one of MM2 Revisited V5 Readme files.
The zzzzzzzzzemptyvehicleslot.ar file adds an empty vehicle slot with many colors slots as the last of the list, so to prevent game crashes because of the removing of the latest played add-on cars using its last colors available; it's perfect when combined with that other file, so to have the presence of at least one vehicle in the vehicle selecting menu.

It's not suggested to use the Software Rendering mode, mainly because of the bad quality that gives to the game graphic, and also because it's not recommended to use to play the add-on cars, especially the ones with high detailed models; it can give game problems too.
The graphic option that you've now selected it's called "3D video card with T&L", and it's ok. It's one of teh two Hardware Rendering options. If now you're having graphic glitches with this rendering option, reply to these questions: is your game installed from a physical disc or from a disc image of it, or you're using the game in a folder? If the game is installed, have you installed also the 1.1 patch and then used the Speedboot (both are available in this website)? The installing of the patch is important for the fixing of the graphic glitches got in Hardware Rendering.
Just another thing. Bit off this subject. I wondered what the "broken" button did where you go to download a car. I accidentally put in a report. Don't know whether you can see who's name it is under but it was me and forget it. It was an accident.
Don't worry, nothing important happened; then, you have to confirm the reporting after have clicked there, and if you've quitted from that page, it's like you haven't done nothing at all.
Using the Broken button you report to the website a download in case you've got problems with the file, but mainly problems related with the archive, like if it can't be extracted or opened. Most of the times it's an useless option...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dannymouse
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby dannymouse » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:22 am

Ok so i installed both the speedboot and patch and all is working fine...
Thanks for your help.