Everything appears invisible in some custom tracks

ZachphiGTX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Everything appears invisible in some custom tracks

Postby ZachphiGTX » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:32 pm

Alright. I have this one little weird problem with Midtown Madness 2. In some custom tracks, everything appears invisible except for the sky and the HUD. The track i went on is the Barrage track, created by Riva. I pretty much tried everything i could in the Options menu, but i could not find a solution that works. Any help to fix this? :?

Graphics card used (I completely forgot about this): NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250.

Final Edit: Yep, i found a thread saying that i have to play the track FIRST. So, all fixed. (Well, almost.)
Last edited by ZachphiGTX on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Just a derp.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:45 pm

This is an already known problem, but still not really much, though. It's a normal issue of the game that happens playing add-on tracks after have played the game cities. To make it happen you start the game, go to play one or both the default game cities SF and London, and then if you go to play any add-on track, everything results invisible except the sky, the HUD and the hudmap, but you can "drive" in it and the sounds are heard; sometimes happen a game crash instead of this.
There's no solution for this weird but normal problem so far, the only shrewdness to take is that everytime you want to play an add-on track, is play it at first after have run the game. If you've played the default cities before, quit from the game, run it again and go to play the add-on tracks.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:05 am

It's an issue related to the loading of AR files. Once you first load the city for that run of the game, it loads the AR files it uses for that load, and doesn't change what it uses afterward. The result is this glitch. In tracks that come in packs (for example, the RV5 cities), this wont happen when switching between tracks contained in the same AR file. To avoid this issue completely, you could merge the track files with the main game files. That's far from an ideal solution, although it's the only one.

And yes, it doesn't affect car loading. Only city loading.