Be able to view what screenshots you've submitted?

Awaiting approval, approved, denied.........................

daguyu1234
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Be able to view what screenshots you've submitted?

Postby daguyu1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:38 pm

I'm thinking maybe a center where you can view screenshots that you've uploaded and a tab that says if they've been approved, awaiting approval, or has been denied so you know what screenshots you've submitted and won't accidentally submit the same one more than once.
[color=grey][b]Keep that Backstreet Pride Alive! Who the hell am I if I can't be me? If you wanna give me hell, then just get in line. I'm not the next of them. I am the first of me.[/color][/b]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:49 pm

A service like this maybe won't be very useful. As far as I know no website uses a thing like this.
The administrator should publish only the uploaded images that regards MM2; I have no idea if there are other not appropriated uploaded pictures not published or deleted before publishing. Any way in the MM2X SS section there are duplicated images and even some not MM2 images, just search.

DjDecibel, the website main administrator, isn't online in this moment; so this thing can't be made, and, if there isn't the script for a this thing, it can't be done.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

daguyu1234
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby daguyu1234 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:38 am

A service like this maybe won't be very useful. As far as I know no website uses a thing like this.
The administrator should publish only the uploaded images that regards MM2; I have no idea if there are other not appropriated uploaded pictures not published or deleted before publishing. Any way in the MM2X SS section there are duplicated images and even some not MM2 images, just search.

DjDecibel, the website main administrator, isn't online in this moment; so this thing can't be made, and, if there isn't the script for a this thing, it can't be done.
I know a guy who could probably make a script like this. He's comin by tomorrow, so I'll talk to him about it.

Ultimate-guitar.com has a thing where tabs that have been uploaded by a user show that its been uploaded at the user's profile. So that's what I was thinking about.

If I can't talk to him tomorrow, I'll call him and check it out.
[color=grey][b]Keep that Backstreet Pride Alive! Who the hell am I if I can't be me? If you wanna give me hell, then just get in line. I'm not the next of them. I am the first of me.[/color][/b]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:28 pm

Ok, but also if a script like this is available, only the main administrator can upload and use new scripts for the website. He isn't online in these days, and nobody can do it. :roll:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

daguyu1234
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby daguyu1234 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:41 pm

Ok, but also if a script like this is available, only the main administrator can upload and use new scripts for the website. He isn't online in these days, and nobody can do it. :roll:
Yeah. I'll email him the script if I can get it to work with him.

Gafaddict
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 20 years 3 months

Postby Gafaddict » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:49 pm

The way our screenshot gallery is set up it wouldn't be able to keep track of your shots as they are juggled around from table to table when they get submitted/deleted.
[color=white]So many rocks up in my watch I can't tell what the time is

Also, [url=https://www.mmarchive.com]Midtown Madness Archive[/url][/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:55 pm

This feature isn't so interesting and can't be embedded in the website; not all the PHP websites are made in the same way. However you can be sure that all the MM2 screenshots images will be publicated. ;)

daguyu1234
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby daguyu1234 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:31 am

This feature isn't so interesting and can't be embedded in the website; not all the PHP websites are made in the same way. However you can be sure that all the MM2 screenshots images will be publicated. ;)
I actually went through all the screenshots last week. Lol.

I created a game with him using Visual Basic. THat's the coding I've been using lately.

But, okay. I understand. :)

I'm going to play MM2 now :D

Gafaddict
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin

Postby Gafaddict » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:08 am

Visual Basic doesn't work on the web, if you care... but no worries :)

daguyu1234
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby daguyu1234 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:15 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are many ways to do directory listing (lookup) as well as database queries with either php, cgi, asp, aspx... any flavor you like. Sounds more like your just not willing to modify the site or you don't have the programmer ability to do so. Even "canned" php is friendly enough to modify or call an external script and receive back data. Any sort of cheapo database would likely be the easiest and friendliest way to achieve. Just suggestions from my friend that makes a living developing.

Gafaddict
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin

Postby Gafaddict » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:50 pm

I know PHP, I just don't know how to implement self-made scripts into This Site.

daguyu1234
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby daguyu1234 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:32 pm

I know PHP, I just don't know how to implement self-made scripts into This Site.
Oh. I see. I wasn't sure.

Gafaddict
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin

Postby Gafaddict » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:24 pm

Yessir, a set of web scripts to be more exact. Powers this site.

daguyu1234
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby daguyu1234 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:18 pm

Okay. :)

daguyu1234
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby daguyu1234 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:13 am

What you could try is sending the PHP code (if you can) to the web admin and see if he can update the sight.

I know how long programming takes. It took me a few weeks to write a script to make a football scoreboard in VB.