Set up for brakes and revers

superfly-dan
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Set up for brakes and revers

Postby superfly-dan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:10 pm

I have an adapter for my PC which enables use for a Playstation 2 controller on my PC. However in MM2, when I press the brake, it stops, then reverses. I absolutely hate this in all games, does anyone know what setup I do to make the brake the square and the triangle reverse? I've set it up in the configuration to do this, but it doesn't.

Cheers

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi. First MM2 doen't support more of two axis in controller (Y axis for accelerate and brake and X axis for steering wheel). However you're using buttons for accelerate and brake; when you press the brake button (that you've already configured) after the car stops it go in reverse gear because you are using the automatic gear. Before doing a ride choose manual gear for the car and after a stop it'll remain firm.
Also during a ride you can switch automatic and manual gear type by pressing a button (that you must configure, for keyboard is the button T). There are also a button for the reverse gear (R for keyboard) and of course the two buttons for gear up and gear down (usually they are button A for gear up and button Z for gear down).
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

superfly-dan
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Postby superfly-dan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:20 pm

I got it now thanks for your help :D