[Pool] What do you prefer: MM1 or MM2?

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

[Pool] What do you prefer: MM1 or MM2?

Postby KingAndy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:54 am

I prefer MM2 over MM1.

Well my preference is because 2 things. The first one is the physics. Yep I guess I'm the only one who hates MM1 physics but damn for me they are totally unrealistic and hard to play. MM2 ones are even more unrealistic but good for a arcade game.

The second one is because the availability of mods. Mainly about cars, they are really reduced when compared with the amount of addon cars for MM2 and most of them are crappy.
Last edited by KingAndy on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Diatosta » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:00 am

Well, I used to like MM2 more (because I never really gave MM1 a chance), but now that I tried it with the mod? Damn, it's fun! I can't tell which is better, as each one as it's own qualities. Still, MM1 is going to provide some hours of fun to me :P
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby zoot » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:01 am

Well my preference is because 2 things. The first one is the physics. Yep I guess I'm the only one who hates MM1 physics but damn for me they are totally unrealistic and hard to play. MM2 ones are even more unrealistic but good for a arcade game.

The second one is because the availiability of mods. Mainly about cars, they are really reduced when compared with the ammount of addon cars for MM2 and most of them are crappy.
You've got to be kidding me. Most mm1 vehicles are completely better than most new mm2 vehicles. They actually took pride in what they made. Especially from 00-02. Lots of great addons and tracks.

As for physics.. they are more realistic than mm2's.. Not less realistic.. Go play the game.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby aaro4130 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:13 am

The second one is because the availiability of mods. Mainly about cars, they are really reduced when compared with the ammount of addon cars for MM2 and most of them are crappy.
A) MM1 physics are completely realistic. I've tried telling you this. Try drifting a real car like in MM2. You will fail.

B)MM1 addon cars are extremely limited by poly count, texture size, and sounds . They merely can't be like MM2 ones.
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:29 am

Really Andre... don't judge a car by the way it looks. Most addon cars released today are made in only a few days at most, and almost every one of them I've tried are awful. Horrible tuning, recycled sounds, and generally lacking any sort of soul. I stick mostly with the default cars in both games, I only have a few addon cars.

As for physics.. MM1 is better hands down. They're far more realistic, and even entertaining sometimes, if you can get into a huge crash. I would even go as far as to call them enjoyable when it comes to a pure driving experience, but maybe that's just because I'm actually a good driver. :|

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:53 pm

I know what ya mean :lol:
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:11 pm

I guess Franch made my and Diatosta's posts in MM1 Revisited a new topic O.o

This started a conversation I absolutely didn't want to have. In my first post, I was just saying my personnal opinion, I understand a lot of people arround here prefer MM1 but I simply don't like it. About the physics it's because I already played a lot of racing games, mainly newer ones, and physics are for me much better than in MM1.

The car mods, for me those old scratch made ones are bad, with not really good 3D models (I dont mean thry are low poly, I lile a lot of low poly cars, but simply not well modeled, and with bad sounds or dashboard.

A lot of the new car convertions for MM1 are great. Again, all of this is my personnal opinion, like I said in another post in Aaron's topic I guess, I see these games were the childhood games of a lot of people arround here, but I played MM1 since some months ago by MM2X community influence and MM2 for about 3 years, so probably I dont give so much importance to the original spirit of the game, the same way I dont like those super fast cars or those with tweaked tuning to can fly and such most people here likes. All about personnal opinions.

I really don't like my post that was in a context where I wrote it became a separate topic because I already had this discussion in Facebook and understood it was just me thinking like that.

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Postby e-cobra » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:38 pm

I like MM1 because of its lighting effects, physics and the way vehicles get damaged easily, like hit a Panoz Roadster with a F-350 and what you'd see will be something realistic. Whereas I'd rather play MM2 because of its ability to have high detailed add-on cars. MM1 has better physics but it is possible to tune vehicles to be realistic in MM2 as well, that's what most people don't. (including me maybe..:roll:) I mean there are a few vehicles I've tried in MM2 that after driving you simply can't say "Physics suck".
And I'm indifferent to prefer one game over the other, its like comparing a dragster to a F1 car, dragster can't corner like a F1. :lol:
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby StanOfGB » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Pretentiousness vs Arrogance, the highly acclaimed film...

...directed by Michael Bay

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:10 pm

Well I think we can get 2 conclusions about this long discussion. The first one is what e-cobra said: I think the different features of both games makes hard to can choose wich one is better. MM1 have a lot of things MM2 don't have, but the same aplies to MM2 (having 2 cities instead of one, the London cab and SF driver missions...).

Also I think it's all about preferences. Me for exemple, I really like London map, and I think 2 cities can be much more fun than just one like in MM1 (not considering new addon maps).

I'll change the title of this topic and edit a bit my first post, because like I said, this topic was not created by me, and it was not my intention to start this discussion.

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:23 pm

For mods: MM2 is better than MM1, but if you talking about physics, i see that MM1 is better than MM2. You feel MM1 is limited for the polygons, textures size and the big mods, but MM2 is not. we already know there are same and different things between the 2 games.
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 innovation of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 mod of the year

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:11 pm

I mean there are a few vehicles I've tried in MM2 that after driving you simply can't say "Physics suck".
Mind pointing me to a few?

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:27 pm

I mean there are a few vehicles I've tried in MM2 that after driving you simply can't say "Physics suck".
Mind pointing me to a few?
Hum I can say Iveco Stralis pack, for me the best trucks you can get in MM2. Physics on it are really good, almost reminded me ETS2.

Transbus Pointer by mm2 bus community is the best bus I ever tryed, with a lot of cool features including a amazing tuning. Just the horn sucks. I also love Riva's Bugatti Veyron, the tuning of it is really good and allow to drift without loosing control, like what happens with all of those cars with special drift tuning.

Probably e-cobra can say some more.

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby StanOfGB » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:55 pm

What does it matter who can point to what? Everyone's going to have a different opinion about something, and even the expression of one's opinion won't change another's. I don't believe that anyone who loves MM1 or MM2 will completely hate the other game. Depending on what you're into, one is just better than the other. Second place still gets a silver medal.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:16 am

Nice point Stan. Yep, I guess everyone has their own favourite car, and also I really like MM1, although my posts could give the impression I dont. :)