Messed textures in white in MM2

Reigner
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 1 year 11 months

Messed textures in white in MM2

Postby Reigner » Sun May 01, 2022 12:08 am

Hi

I'm using dgvodoo last version, tried different options in the config but i can't put the graphics good, it's weird because i used to play the game without problem some time ago, i don't know what happened, thanks in advance
Attachments
66501811a88f6be67bd1ad5bde86f97e798efb85.jpg

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Re: Messed textures in white in MM2

Postby Franch88 » Sun May 01, 2022 10:59 pm

Hello and welcome here. :)

This is a very weird problem, never seen it before. Only the alpha channel of the dashboard textures work, while the RGB channels not... The needles seem to be fine, instead. The hudmap is white, too.
I use dgVoodoo as well, in 2.73 version, and I keep everything unchecked in the Miscellaneous options in the DirectX tab, which are those that could give unexpected behaviours... Post a screen of the General and DirectX tabs of your dgVoodoo configuration.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Reigner
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Reigner » Mon May 02, 2022 10:32 pm

Hello and welcome here. :)

This is a very weird problem, never seen it before. Only the alpha channel of the dashboard textures work, while the RGB channels not... The needles seem to be fine, instead. The hudmap is white, too.
I use dgVoodoo as well, in 2.73 version, and I keep everything unchecked in the Miscellaneous options in the DirectX tab, which are those that could give unexpected behaviours... Post a screen of the General and DirectX tabs of your dgVoodoo configuration.
and if i use the 3dfx glide files the colors are fine but the game becomes super laggy and stuttered :vsad:
Attachments
sshot-1.png

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon May 02, 2022 11:31 pm

I would set the VRAM to 1024 MB and unforce the resolution, since then you can change it in-game; use this tool if you want a widescreen one. The 3DFX Glide settings wouldn't affect nothing since MM2 uses only DirectX 7 libraries.
Also, use MM2Hook patcher to play the game with lot of improvements, and it could even fix that issue... Download only the file called mm2hook_dll.zip and extract it in the main game folder.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Reigner
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Reigner » Mon May 02, 2022 11:42 pm

I would set the VRAM to 1024 MB and unforce the resolution, since then you can change it in-game; use this tool if you want a widescreen one. The 3DFX Glide settings wouldn't affect nothing since MM2 uses only DirectX 7 libraries.
Also, use MM2Hook patcher to play the game with lot of improvements, and it could even fix that issue... Download only the file called mm2hook_dll.zip and extract it in the main game folder.
it says that this version of mm2 is unsupported now :roll:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon May 02, 2022 11:49 pm

I assumed that you've already patched the game with this official patch before, but looks like you didn't.

Reigner
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Reigner » Tue May 03, 2022 12:29 am

I assumed that you've already patched the game with this official patch before, but looks like you didn't.
the patch said that there was no installation of midtown madness 2 in the system, i was using a bundle that installs midtown 1 and 2 so i uninstalled it and installed the game from my old cd, now the game doesn't even launch...

Reigner
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Reigner » Tue May 03, 2022 9:30 pm

i guess there's no solution for this problems, thanks anyway :cry:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu May 05, 2022 12:29 am

So, good that you've installed the game from its original installer, so you can install its official patch, then. What happens when you try to launch the game? Maybe it only takes lot of time to run, and in that case, replace the game EXE with this one. At the end, put the MM2Hook files and launch the game. Hopefully it should go.

Reigner
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Reigner » Mon May 09, 2022 11:49 pm

So, good that you've installed the game from its original installer, so you can install its official patch, then. What happens when you try to launch the game? Maybe it only takes lot of time to run, and in that case, replace the game EXE with this one. At the end, put the MM2Hook files and launch the game. Hopefully it should go.
now the game launches but the graphics are still messed in white

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dummiesboy » Fri May 27, 2022 10:53 pm

Try enabling fast memory access if you have not already.

JeroC24
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 1 year 8 months

Postby JeroC24 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:56 am

hi guys, a similar error happens to me but mine is only in the vehicle selection menu
in the gameplay part it works fine 8O
Attachments
Captura de pantalla (236).png

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:23 pm

Hello and welcome here. I wonder, are you using dgVoodoo, too? And if so, have you tried the suggestion written in the above post by Dummiesboy?

JeroC24
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 1 year 8 months

Postby JeroC24 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:35 am

hello of course yes, from the beginning that solved the white textures in gameplay but not in the main menu. I have also tried with different versions of dgvoodoo and it is still the same :scratchchin: