Anakin Podracer for Midtown Madness 1

Krauser366
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 3 years 3 months

Anakin Podracer for Midtown Madness 1

Postby Krauser366 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:02 pm

Hello.

Anybody has any link to download the Anakin's Podracer for Midtown Madness 1? I can't find it anymore and since MM1Archive is down, I've run out options.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Re: Anakin Podracer for Midtown Madness 1

Postby Franch88 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:35 pm

Hello and welcome. :)
MMArchive website is down since some months, giving an HTTP 500 server internal error, but its server is still online. It's hard to seek the direct links to the files in it, though. Anyway, I have that vehicle since long time, get it here.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Krauser366
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Krauser366 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:48 am

Wooo, thank you very much and sorry for the late response. I've been looking for that car for over 1 year and a half with no success. Gonna make a backup of the file on my Google Drive account if you don't mind, dude.

Also, do you know why MMArchive is down?
Last edited by Krauser366 on Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:58 pm

Only Gafaddict would know surely.
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:20 pm

Wooo, thank you very much and sorry for the late response. I've been looking for that car for over 1 year and a half with no success. Gonna make a backup of the file on my Google Drive account if you don't mind, dude.
You're welcome, and no problem for that. ;)
Besides the evident server problem that I've already said, I don't know why it's still in such conditions... As the above post says, only Gafaddict, who's the owner and admin of that website, could know and do something.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Krauser366
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Krauser366 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:54 pm

Besides the evident server problem that I've already said, I don't know why it's still in such conditions... As the above post says, only Gafaddict, who's the owner and admin of that website, could know and do something.
Is he on Discord? Or does he have any contact way? Maybe I could talk with him to bring the site alive again.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:12 pm

Is he on Discord? Or does he have any contact way? Maybe I could talk with him to bring the site alive again.
I've no idea of that. He's registered in this forum, but I don't know if he'll ever come here to read private messages anymore...

However, there's a backup made by Aaro4130 of all the downloads that were available there: here's of the MM1 related files and here's of the MM2 ones. It's pretty difficult search file names in them with the browser's text searching function, though...

Krauser366
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Krauser366 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:50 am

I've no idea of that. He's registered in this forum, but I don't know if he'll ever come here to read private messages anymore...
Yea, I've checked his profile and he's last online was 3 years ago, and that page was pretty useful since there was mods and some cars hard to get in it. Also, most of links specially on YouTube for the Podracer takes everybody to MMArchive, that's why I wanted to talk with him to forward the MMArchive main link to a new one.

However, there's a backup made by Aaro4130 of all the downloads that were available there: here's of the MM1 related files and here's of the MM2 ones. It's pretty difficult search file names in them with the browser's text searching function, though...
I guess I'll have to make a new site myself with those files if I don't manage to contact this guy.

Gafaddict
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Postby Gafaddict » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:21 am

Wow, I decided to log into this website after 3 years on a whim, and here I find folks still talking about MMArchive!

It is true that I am not active in the community these days but I still try to keep MMArchive online, even if I'm not updating it. I honestly did not notice that it had been down for so many months. Let me look into this and see what I can dig up!

All the files are still on my server. I hand coded that website almost 14 years ago in 2006 as a teenager, so I'm sure there are plenty of security flaws in my code at this point and perhaps my web host has disabled my site for security reasons. I'll reach out to them and see what I need to do to get it back online.

Krauser, if you'd like, you can e-mail me at gafaddict@gmail.com

I'm delighted to see that MM2X is still being maintained so well and the community still going strong. Franch, you must be the longest running active administrator of any Midtown Madness website in the game's history at this point, and definitely highly responsible now for keeping the community's health.
[color=white]So many rocks up in my watch I can't tell what the time is

Also, [url=https://www.mmarchive.com]Midtown Madness Archive[/url][/color]

Krauser366
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Krauser366 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:25 am

Wow! I didn't expect my post would bring you back. :O

I'm gonna email you so we can talk. I really want to help you to revive MMArchive if you allow me.

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:35 am

Wow, I decided to log into this website after 3 years on a whim, and here I find folks still talking about MMArchive!

It is true that I am not active in the community these days but I still try to keep MMArchive online, even if I'm not updating it. I honestly did not notice that it had been down for so many months. Let me look into this and see what I can dig up!

All the files are still on my server. I hand coded that website almost 14 years ago in 2006 as a teenager, so I'm sure there are plenty of security flaws in my code at this point and perhaps my web host has disabled my site for security reasons. I'll reach out to them and see what I need to do to get it back online.

I'm delighted to see that MM2X is still being maintained so well and the community still going strong. Franch, you must be the longest running active administrator of any Midtown Madness website in the game's history at this point, and definitely highly responsible now for keeping the community's health.
Nice to see you again Gafaddict.
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

DjDecibel
MM2 eXtreme Owner
MM2 eXtreme Owner
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Italy

Postby DjDecibel » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:42 pm

Hello Gaf! Great to see you here after so many time! :)