MM2 Sound Issues?

RXK1NG
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 3 years 7 months

MM2 Sound Issues?

Postby RXK1NG » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:08 pm

So I finally got MM2 Working on my system, but I can only hear menu music, and the ambience of the city. I cant hear any vehicle sound effects or collisions, announcers, checkpoints, anything of that sort. Anyone know how to fix this? :vsad:

I have a fresh install of mm2, dgvoodoo2, and mmhook installed as well.

Not really sure how to fix this.

SaturnNapoleon
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Re: MM2 Sound Issues?

Postby SaturnNapoleon » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:01 pm

Bump, I've been having the same exact issue. Game runs perfectly with dgvoodoo, but only ambient sounds, no sound effects or any menu sounds either. Fiddled with all the settings and no change. Playing on Macbook Air 2015 with Bootcamp windows 10.

SaturnNapoleon
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Re: MM2 Sound Issues?

Postby SaturnNapoleon » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:58 pm

So I finally got MM2 Working on my system, but I can only hear menu music, and the ambience of the city. I cant hear any vehicle sound effects or collisions, announcers, checkpoints, anything of that sort. Anyone know how to fix this? :vsad:

I have a fresh install of mm2, dgvoodoo2, and mmhook installed as well.

Not really sure how to fix this.
Just found something that fixed it for me. If you've installed a downloaded copy of MM2 from online, you have to make sure to run setup.bat from the MM2 directory, which should prompt a cmd terminal that will install all of the sound effects for the game. After that it should work normally.