Why MM2x got changed.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Why MM2x got changed.

Postby Seahawk » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Why MM2x got this new style other than that old good one. No offenses to anybody just wanted to know that why MM2x was modified?
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Re: Why MM2x got changed.

Postby KingAndy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:00 pm

Why aren't we still texting each other from black and white screen brick phones, or chatting through MSN? Why did Sony released a PS4 when the old PSX had so many great titles? Why did people thought putting shit into jelly and calling it a Jell-O salad was super cool in the 70s yet everyone hates the idea of lemon jelly with bits of tuna in it today?

Things change, it's just completely normal for a website to rely on new technology and get its design updated. It's handy at least to motivate new users to stop by, rather than looking like an old site for an old community that enjoys to play an old game, right?... Otherwise it would just seem stuck in time, and let's be honest those early 2000s web designs didn't aged exactly well.

C'mon, the website didn't changed that much in terms of features and organization, I'm sure you didn't had to take a course in order to learn how to get around here. If I had to say, it didn't even changed enough, a mobile version would've been awesome, but hey, I'm really glad DjDecibel invested so much time to get the website modernised.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Well, do you know a thing called restyling? A lot of websites change design and style through the years. DjDecibel thought that was about time to do it to this website, and so, he finally he did it, also if after some years than the initial plans, though. And yes, the website has kept its basilar structure, the main changes are essentially only aesthetic.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

DjDecibel
MM2 eXtreme Owner
MM2 eXtreme Owner
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Italy

Postby DjDecibel » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:40 am

after so many years the site needed a new version... it's almost the same but we have tons of security improvements in the frontend and in the backend...
i spent a lot of time and work on it.. mm2x also had other 2 older version before the last you remember... i always worked for renew the site but in the last 10 years i had no time for update it..

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:03 am

I like the new look, it didn't take me long at all to adjust to the new site design. With the dark theme it does look similar enough to the old design.
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best active member avatar
Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member