Original PSDL making tool from Angel Studios?

Is there any way to get it?

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Original PSDL making tool from Angel Studios?

Postby cody » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:07 pm

I noticed that the September issue of Midtown Monthly mentions the original tool used to create SF and London (in the Clinton Keith conversation). Is there any way at all to obtain that tool, maybe by contacting Clinton Keith himself? I'm only asking because of how hard it is to make cities/tracks (I've notice that nobody has made a track in a while), as opposed to making cars. Said tool would make it much, MUCH easier. It would benefit all MM2 modders. In fact, it would allow us to create a more realistic version of SF (or London), and possibly even our own hometowns. So if anybody knows how to obtain it, please tell me, because I want to use it to make a city I've been dreaming of doing: The city of Gotham City, as seen on more recent Batman movies. I've already found a reference map to use, and it would take forever to do it in Zmodeler.
My Member Number is prime. LOL!

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years

Re: Original PSDL making tool from Angel Studios?

Postby FXANBSS » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:24 pm

There is also another guy in the discord server (known as Vwp) who is making a representation of Seattle, so yes, there is one in the works already! I'm really hoping to see some new tracks around this years! It's been long!
He is doing the hard way though, that original PSDL making tool has never been released because Microsoft didn't let Angel do it.
So he is using Citytoolkit by Maxoff and a modelling program like Blender(to create roads and buildings, yup), Citytoolkit is okay, it is almost bad, it has many problems but you can get through it, it takes a while to learn the rigosority of it.

Aaro4130 (aka Dummiesman or faguette boi) has done much for the community, and one of the biggest things we want is that he releases his city maker! Seriously! With just a few clicks you get a city, it is just ludicrous compared to City Toolkit and all the rest combined, I am not into city making yet because I am waiting for the easy way to come! At that very point... I am completely sure everyone will be making cities like crazy!  :afirmar:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:31 pm

Is there any other info about this tool? Would be nice to see a screenshot of it, to see how it looks. Because, well, it could also be harder to use than Maxoff's MM2 City Toolkit, that's the best and quite easiest available so far...

[quote="cody";p="110982"]I'm only asking because of how hard it is to make cities/tracks (I've notice that nobody has made a track in a while), as opposed to making cars. Said tool would make it much, MUCH easier.[/quote]
Well, use MM2 City Toolkit at least to make conversions of tracks isn't so hard, and there are various examples released, also by me. The PSDL is just a 2 polygons flat ground bigger than the track area that goes under it, so to make it work properly; the rest is done with PKG objects arranged through the INST file to be fixed, and through the props.pathset files to be movable/breakable. The fact is that, apparently, nobody is now interested in that, and it always takes more times than convert a vehicle 3D model as playable one, besides have done some training with all this stuff.

[quote="FXANBSS";p="110983"]Aaro4130 (aka Dummiesman or faguette boi) has done much for the community, and one of the biggest things we want is that he releases his city maker! Seriously! With just a few clicks you get a city, it is just ludicrous compared to City Toolkit and all the rest combined, I am not into city making yet because I am waiting for the easy way to come! At that very point... I am completely sure everyone will be making cities like crazy!  :afirmar:[/quote]
If that's another project of him, it sounds quite great. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby zoot » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:42 pm

Unfortunately, we don't have the tool and there are pretty much zero chances of retrieving it.

Yes, a lot of community members are now making tracks now that we understand the creation of them further. Instead of Zmodeler, we use Blender, a much better, and easier tool to use, as it prevents tons of those perimeter issues that we had before. Aaro4130 made a tool to fix materials when making a PSDL from there (Blender does materials oddly) that assigns roads to textures you configure in a small CSV file in his program's folder.

We have many scratch tracks going now, Seattle by Vwp914, a fictional city by myself (to be released next week), and a few others doing their own.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby aaro4130 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:43 am

Damn, I've been exposed!  :P

Alright, I'll spill a WIP video
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Postby carfan1061 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:31 pm

HOLY S***T!! It's that easy now.
Even someone like me could do some "real" modding.  :D

Please release it.

EDIT
Lol it reminds me of (from what I've read is called)  â€œGod Games”, like city skylines and roller coaster tycoon :P
Last edited by carfan1061 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:49 pm

Woah, that's really impressive! :D Great work, Aaro! The best way to think of a PSDL terrain building tool. :wink:
I hope it'll have heights adjusting as well, so to create hilly roads. Also, would be good if you could implement the buildings making with the facades way as is in the default game cities.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:50 pm

Yes, making cities should now be really straightforward once this tool comes out. Good work with it so far Aaro. :)
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Postby cody » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:34 am

Nice! That will really help with making new cities. Hopefully, there'll be a similar solution for BAI editing/making (MM2ct is limited to changing the intersection rules and lane counts). If I'm right, there will probably be a day in the far future, in which we have more cities than cars.

@Zoot: Where did you release your fictional city? It's been almost a month (you said it would be released in a week), and it's not on MM2x or MMArchive yet. Any chance you could give me an update on that? I want to try it out.

@fxanbss: Your avatar isn't working. Any chance you could fix it?
My Member Number is prime. LOL!

papak
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 4 years

Postby papak » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:47 pm

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:19 pm

That looks really cool and simple
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here