Default Car Modifications

Fahad2003
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

Default Car Modifications

Postby Fahad2003 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:17 pm

Hello Guyz!
First of all I am very new to this website so I don't know where to get help.
I want to know that how can I get game's default car so I can make some edits on it (Texture + Physics).
Thanks.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Default Car Modifications

Postby zoot » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:04 pm

Use this https://mmarchive.com/file_details.php?file_id=338 to extract the files. Then use https://mmarchive.com/file_details.php?file_id=1973 to convert the textures to tga, then use the tex manager https://www.mm2x.com/hqtm-team/pliki/texmanager.7z to convert it back to tex, make the .ar file again (convert a .zip to .ar just by renaming the extension, also use the same folder structure), and you're good!
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:19 pm

That simple explaining is for the textures extracting, not also for the tuning files (I assume that you mean them for "physics"); the file to open and extract is called mm2tex.ar. From the file names listed in DeAR 2, you can easily seek the ones of the default game vehicles, the only that you need to extract. Also, with Tex manager you can do the TEX to TGA file formats conversions, too; it's not needed to use another tool for that.
About the vehicles tuning files, the file to open is instead called mm2core.ar. The main files of the vehicles tuning are those with the extension .vehcarsim, so, seek for them and extract them.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Fahad2003
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Fahad2003 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks for explaining but how I am suppose to convert all files into one .ar file I don't want to replace my modification with games default vehicles, How I am suppose to open TGA files.

Do I have to select all files of a vehicle or only one like if I want to modify only blue color then I have to select all blue color files.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:06 pm

You can open and edit the .tga files with Paint.Net. To make the .ar files, the suggested programs are WinRar or 7-Zip, using their ZIP compression method.
And yes, you select and edit only the files of the color/s that you want to edit.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Fahad2003
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Fahad2003 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:57 am

Thank you so much buddy.

I've put up my files to .ar and then I opened up game but there was no vehicle that I modified. Tell me that how to bring my car. What files will I needed to put in .ar

There is a problem I can't download Paint.Net in my PC becoz my Win7 is old not SP1. Another alternative to this is that I opened the TGA files with Ultra File Opener then save it as JPG then edited and then saved it as TGA and then converted it to Tex. I've downloaded a bus city tuned from this website that is a modified version of default city bus of the game. I edited it's back of blue color but when I open the game it's back comes white.

kennydanger26
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby kennydanger26 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:27 pm

[quote="Fahad2003";p="110915"]Thank you so much buddy.

I've put up my files to .ar and then I opened up game but there was no vehicle that I modified. Tell me that how to bring my car. What files will I needed to put in .ar

There is a problem I can't download Paint.Net in my PC becoz my Win7 is old not SP1. Another alternative to this is that I opened the TGA files with Ultra File Opener then save it as JPG then edited and then saved it as TGA and then converted it to Tex. I've downloaded a bus city tuned from this website that is a modified version of default city bus of the game. I edited it's back of blue color but when I open the game it's back comes white.[/quote]
I'm so sorry I can't resolve this problem!

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:40 pm

When modifying default vehicles, you will need to convert TGA back into TEX, as the game prioritizes TEX over TGA.
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:01 pm

I've merged your posts into one, it's not allowed to double post if more than 24 hours haven't passed waiting for someone's reply... Please, next time use the Edit button present in the top-right corner of the post to edit it and add other text. Thank you.

Now, back to your questions, aren't you able to update Windows 7 with the Service Pack 1? It's enough do it through Windows Update. Your way found to use the JPG format doesn't sound good, though.
About the other things that you've done, evidently you change something about their file names or folder names... Well, you must not rename them, otherwise you get no change in-game; that's the base of the game modding, where the same files gets replaced keeping their same names, indeed.

[quote="kennydanger26";p="110916"]I'm so sorry I can't resolve this problem![/quote]
When it's so, please, just don't reply, then...

[quote="aaro4130";p="110917"]When modifying default vehicles, you will need to convert TGA back into TEX, as the game prioritizes TEX over TGA.[/quote]
Well, if you read all the topic posts, Carking already explained that, and also, Fahad said to have converted the files into the TEX file format at the end.

Fahad2003
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Fahad2003 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:17 am

I am not able to update it there are errors because I have copy of Windows
Another Similar Program like Paint.Net I also tried downloading Mypaint there were also errors in it.
I've downloaded a mod named City Bus Tuned. It's the default city bus but it has edited textures and change is speed. I tried editing it's back textures and then when I open my game it's back becomes white.
In my mod I have put all things like Bound, Geometry, Aud, Texture, JPGS, Tune etc. But still it's not showing in my game
Can I use Corel DrawX6 to edit TGA files????

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:18 am

[quote="Franch88";p="110918"]Well, if you read all the topic posts, Carking already explained that, and also, Fahad said to have converted the files into the TEX file format at the end.[/quote]

One of the most common mistakes with modding default vehicles is leaving textures as TGA. Carking never said that TEX is prioritized over TGA either.
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

Fahad2003
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Fahad2003 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:52 am

[quote="aaro4130";p="110920"][quote="Franch88";p="110918"]
Well, if you read all the topic posts, Carking already explained that, and also, Fahad said to have converted the files into the TEX file format at the end.[/quote]

One of the most common mistakes with modding default vehicles is leaving textures as TGA. Carking never said that TEX is prioritized over TGA either.[/quote]
I converted the TGA back to TEX. The problem is that my car isn't showing in the game.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Try to use GIMP, download it here.
About edit that edited City Bus, the easiest way for it is to directly open the .ar file With WinRar or 7-Zip, and extract and insert the files in it by drag and dropping them.

[quote="aaro4130";p="110920"]One of the most common mistakes with modding default vehicles is leaving textures as TGA. Carking never said that TEX is prioritized over TGA either.[/quote]
That's true, but, also if Carking hasn't specified that thing, he clready said in his explaining that the textures have to be reconverted from TGA to TEX. Fahad did so, as he said again in the above post, and that's enough... Your precisation was avoidable, and it was useful only if Carking and neither I didn't say anything about get the edited textures back in the TEX format.

Fahad2003
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Fahad2003 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:50 pm

Brother the GIMP also don't installs because of my version of Windows 7. But I have Corel Draw X6 can I use it will it work??

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:32 pm

Ah, what a shame. Well, if Corel Draw X6 supports and can open the TGA files, use it, then. You only have to check it.
But, if as seems you aren't still being able to open and edit the textures in TGA format, why you talked about the edit of the textures of that modified City Bus? What did you exactly do with it?