how do i properly load in mods?

amdcrash
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

how do i properly load in mods?

Postby amdcrash » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:22 am

hey all, I have recently downloaded this game, I have gotten the 1st and 2nd game, my problem is that while some mods will work, most will crash the game entirely, i have tried the car installer but get a java error, also, the second game says a overflow error but apparently iget a screenshot, hence my question, how do i get a mod to work (nearly) all the time?

DjDecibel
MM2 eXtreme Owner
MM2 eXtreme Owner
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Italy

Re: how do i properly load in mods?

Postby DjDecibel » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:09 pm

some of the mods can create some conflicts between them, so try using less mods installing an testing them one by one...
this was my OLD solution, i don't know if in the last years someone created some tools to help :D

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:18 pm

Hmm. You said you downloaded MM2...

If that means you got it from a torrent, I'd buy an actual copy of the game instead and try running it again. Torrented versions of games don't usually work as well as the actual copies.
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:45 pm

Which are the mods that you're talking about? And also, what's this car installer? Anyway, to fix most troubles with MM2 crashes, and also allow to use more cars add-ons in the specific, use this patcher to patch your game .exe file.

[quote="Jeremiahjobling";p="110847"]If that means you got it from a torrent, I'd buy an actual copy of the game instead and try running it again. Torrented versions of games don't usually work as well as the actual copies.[/quote]
Huh? And why should it be like that? :roll: And then, buy a copy of this now very old game? It's no more that easy to do, now...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:27 am

[quote="Franch88";p="110850"][quote="Jeremiahjobling";p="110847"]If that means you got it from a torrent, I'd buy an actual copy of the game instead and try running it again. Torrented versions of games don't usually work as well as the actual copies.[/quote]
Huh? And why should it be like that? :roll: And then, buy a copy of this now very old game? It's no more that easy to do, now...[/quote]

I'm aware. I was meaning the fact his copy of MM2 was likely to have been from a torrent, since he said he downloaded it.

It might not have contributed to his problem majorly though - but it could be a minor factor, elsewhere I've read negative things about the reliability of torrented copies of games. That's why I was suspicious.
It might possibly not be affecting the working of his MM2 that much anyway, after all.

Sorry if I misled

The problem he's having might not be to do at all with the fact his copy of the game was downloaded anyway, it might be another issue he's having, like the mods themselves he is using.
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here