How to import 6 wheels vehicule in MM2 without crash

pibraclab
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

MM2 and 6 wheels vehicule importation

Postby pibraclab » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:50 am

Hi all,

I am speaking to you because, with Franch88, we have a big problem to import into MM2 my last creation, a 6-wheeled vehicle (Nexter Titus). It has fewer polygons than the Monster Beetle I created but can not import into MM2. The game crash from the first load (the loading screen with the New Beetle). We tried a lot of solution (copy elements in WHL0_L: m or BODY_L for example and tried to use monster beetle files) but nothing is done.
The Monster Beetle works very well in the game so I tell myself that there must be a solution. If you could help us, it would be really nice.

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:20 am

I know that if you want 6 wheels you will need WHL4 and WHL5 and that banger data files for them in the tune/banger folder
Retired from modifying Midtown Madness games. Nowadays I mod Crashday Redline Edition in my spare time.

pibraclab
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Postby pibraclab » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:30 pm

Yes, I already know it. All these elements have already been created when I did the modeling and during the first import in game but the problem does not come from there.

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:11 pm

Send me the files, let's see if I can help

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:45 pm

This case is looking very similar to the one of another 6-wheeled vehicle that Pibraclab made, called Extranimal Naja. You should remember of it, Sajmon, and you got it to work in-game, but it had placing problems with the fifth and sixth wheel, and with a difficult handling.
I'll try some other thing, then I'll send you the files.

Edit: after the try that I wanted to do, which has been the one to split the BODY object into some BREAK parts, the vehicle works, but, it has always the same problems that the Extranimal Naja had back then.
My conclusion is that MM2 can't absolutely let work fine in any way the fifth and the sixth wheels if they're too much distant from the third and forth ones. Practically, they get always automatically arranged like a double axle truck (would be great remove this thing from the EXE file, since it should be hardcoded there).
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|