Separate Add-ons in MM2x Home?

Why not separate the NEW Add-on releases into categories?

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years

Separate Add-ons in MM2x Home?

Postby FXANBSS » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:33 pm

I'm quite surprised how nobody asked about this before. :wassat:

The request is pretty simple: Why not separate the cars, tracks and mods releases into different categories in the Home Page?

I mean, the problem here is that the overload amount of cars uploaded everyday takes away the big tracks and mods from the home page in less than a week, add-ons that were made with so much effort and creativity and a few people end downloading it to enjoy it. :roll:

The website might get more popular with this kind of look! :scratchchin:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:15 pm

From the way that the news module is implemented, it's not possible to have a specific news set as announcement, placed at the top of the others, pretty like is usually done with the forum topics. The only solution would be to don't publish news about every new download added here, or, publish a cumulative news every end of the month with the list of all the cars published during the month. But, the nowadays qualities of new releases don't make this realizable.
Yeah, I understand this thing, I see that's good give a longer time visibility to the most interesting releases (which have already some years on their backs, though...), but... New cars everyday? Where do you see cars published here everyday? :roll: Neither in past there were releases published here literally and constantly everyday (it's me the only who publishes stuff in this website, and, I've never done that, as I couldn't neither face the rate of a publishment per day, independently from the available of new releases to publish)... This year is already going slower with new releases than the previous two, just to say, and surely the next one will be yet more slower.
I'm quite surprised how nobody asked about this before.
That's obvious, since you're talking about inexistent "cars uploaded everyday"...
Ain't you're being confused with the screenshots of the website gallery? About those, there are being new ones everyday since some months. :P
The website might get more popular with this kind of look!
Absolutely no, the look of a website isn't all... But then, how can a website that's about a so old game series like the Midtown Madness one become popular nowadays? Games available only for PC and that are also problematic to play on recent systems?
However, DjDecibel plans to release a new version of the website, after long time of implementing and very slow progress because of his business.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years

Postby FXANBSS » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Well... It's fine to me but it would have been better.
That's obvious, since you're talking about inexistent "cars uploaded everyday"...
Ow... That's how I remembered it before :sad2: not exactly new addons everyday but almost everyday.
I should have posted this long time earlier, as for now take it as a Hyperbole :!: And in the case of getting "popular" to simply getting more users around downloading.

For now I'll be patiently waiting for the website update... I hope it will come soon this 2017... or 2018... No idea but I'm sure the time will come. :)

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:19 pm

I wrote similar thing somewhere but I dont remember in which topic :P but I meant more something like a featured mod etc