Chicago Bridge Mod

dafa
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Chicago Bridge Mod

Postby dafa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Last edited by dafa on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:34 pm

Good mod idea, but you created it really badly... I've downloaded the archive and in it there are two copies of the entire city add-on with just your edits done to the file called chicago_bridge.pathset...
It's exaggerated and absolutely not necessary to do so for such small changes, it's enough put only the file that you've edited in an empty folder directory called Race/Chicago, and make a new .ar file of it that will work as a separated patch for the original city .ar file. Of course, make a second one for the other state of the bridges.
Look how's made this similar mod, for example.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dafa
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Postby dafa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:02 pm

I have created it already that AR form but it doesn't work, i re-created the London Bridge mod myself in AR and it worked.

So lastly it doesn't work with Chicago in separate AR form i have overwrite the PATHSET file inside Chicago to make it work!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:07 pm

You have to pay attention to the file name of the .ar files of the patches that you make, otherwise they can't work, since it's necessary that they're ahead the city .ar file in file name sorting.
Add some exclamation marks symbols ahead the file name, with also a space between them. Name the patches .ar files like this: ! ! !Chicago_Bridges_Open_Patch.ar and ! ! !Chicago_Bridges_Closed_Patch.ar.
To make the .ar file, use WinRar or 7-Zip program making a ZIP compressed archive with .ar as file extension.

Edit: alright, now you've done a great work with it. :) Soon I'll publish it here on MM2X. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|