Loading music plays out of game.

MrJaneDoe
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Loading music plays out of game.

Postby MrJaneDoe » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:44 pm

As it says, kind of an obscure thing. Like I haven't even been able to run MM2 for a couple months now. But every now and then, in another game (spotted in HL1 and Quake 2, both on Steam), I'll hear either a few seconds of the loading screen music playing to almost the whole thing. Anyone know what could be causing this? I don't have the soundtrack downloaded or anything.

Edit : I actually had it captured about a month ago here.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:45 pm

Wow, that's really, really weird... Well, I assume that yours is a real fact. I've got to read of various strange things related with MM2, but this beats them all... That's the spirit of the game that manifests to you, saying that wants to be played by you. :P
Anyway, that's one of the tracks from the game disc played as audio CD. Unless you have the game disc inserted in the disc drive (or its image loaded in a virtual drive), I don't know what to say about why this very weird thing happens in other games you play...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

MrJaneDoe
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby MrJaneDoe » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:59 pm

Wow, that's really, really weird... Well, I assume that yours is a real fact. I've got to read of various strange things related with MM2, but this beats them all... That's the spirit of the game that manifests to you, saying that wants to be played by you. :P
Anyway, that's one of the tracks from the game disc played as audio CD. Unless you have the game disc inserted in the disc drive (or its image loaded in a virtual drive), I don't know what to say about why this very weird thing happens in other games you play...
Ah, thank you. I'll probably see if I can't find a way to run it without the disc on Win 10. I've actually had it inserted this entire time but never thought of the possibility of it playing stuff like an audio CD.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:21 pm

Oh, so you really had the game disc always inserted in the disc drive for all the time. It's a pretty known feature of the game disc, which works also as audio CD, but it's not so with all the versions published, as seems.
The way to run the game without its disc is to use this EXE file, which works also as speed boot, in case the game takes too much time to start after its launching. Of course, you have to install the only official game patch before, if you hadn't. At the end, it's suggested to patch it with this.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

MrJaneDoe
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby MrJaneDoe » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:49 pm

Oh, so you really had the game disc always inserted in the disc drive for all the time. It's a pretty known feature of the game disc, which works also as audio CD, but it's not so with all the versions published, as seems.
The way to run the game without its disc is to use this EXE file, which works also as speed boot, in case the game takes too much time to start after its launching. Of course, you have to install the only official game patch before, if you hadn't. At the end, it's suggested to patch it with this.
Ah that's really cool actually. I was using both but didn't know the speed boot could be used to run it without the disc. Thank you.