Editing Addon_vehtypes

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years

Editing Addon_vehtypes

Postby Jimmy89 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:41 pm

For some reason, I'm getting booted from the race loading screen very early, since I edited Addon_vehtypes. I did so to add several cop cars that didn't appear in the most recent Addon_vehtypes file.
I've made sure to miss not a single comma between file names in the Excel file, I saved it as CSV (yes they said it's not same format, but I've had same messages for editing races csv and didn't have such problems) and make sure there wouldn't be two addon_vehtypes files in folder.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:09 pm

That issue happens because you've exceeded the characters limit in the row for the cop cars basenames. That's why I keep the most updated one controlled and I remove the really old and low quality cop add-on cars when adding new ones. I don't know what's the exact number of characters allowed, but however, you must remove some till this issue won't happen anymore. I wish this limit could be increased...
I don't know if the editing of that file in Excel could cause reading problems by the game, it's always better to use Notepad to edit it.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years

Postby Jimmy89 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:31 pm

Thank you, I don't have a clue what half of the extra cop cars I added on the list are, anyway. Don't even know if I have them on my Cars folder(s) or even on my HDD lol.
I just felt like having any cop car existing just in case...but considering there's a limit, I'll remove some of the ones I added out of several vehtypes files.

Interestingly, I found a 2015 addon_vehtypes file that worked and had two cars I wanted to use, there was just a small mistake, both were added after ",ENDOFDATA,". I just had to fix that and had the Peugeot 306 Cop and CCX cop working properly.