Help needed regarding hudmaps

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Help needed regarding hudmaps

Postby Jimmy89 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:15 pm

I've downloaded old tracks recently (Climb City -with jumptrailers- and GZero -with few buildings and stunt loops-), which are probably from the same PSDL map. (the rectangle track with few roads)

I wanted to fix the problem with GZero map, because it doesn't have a hudmap (when you try to show it, game crashes, as there is none). I doubt the track makers of these two would disagree with me changing it for myself. Tracks are likely both over 10 years old.

So I wanted to know, what files/text should I modify/create within GZero.ar to add Climb City's hudmap and make it work properly?

I've not modified stuff for years in MM2, I've forgotten how to do..

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:37 pm

To have the hudmap of a map to another one, usually you only have to copy the .pkg file and the respective texture of the hudmap from the map that has it and put it in the map that hasn't it, after have renamed the basename part of only the .pkg file, of course.
Anyway, in the case of GZero map, it really has the files of the hudmap, but they have the wrong names. The file names of the model part and of the texture must be switched. To fix this, open the GZero.ar file with WinRar, in the archive go in the Geometry folder, rename the hudmap_lost.pkg file to hudmap_zero.pkg, now go to the Texture folder, rename the hudmap_zero.tga file to hudmap_lost.tga, and finally close WinRar and check the file in-game.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Jimmy89 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:30 pm

It worked! Map works properly.

However, sky disappeared and Spectacular Sky Mod doesn't work anymore in GZero. It displays blank sky from the original beta Lost City. I suppose it's a side effect from my change or is it something else?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:15 pm

the file to let work the sky in a track is the .sky one, placed in the City folder. GZero has already it, of course.
This problem sounds weird, and surely it's not caused by the change done to the hudmap related files. I think that can depend by .ar file compressing issue born after the edit that you've done, caused by the WinRar version that you've used... I've quickly done it with the 5.40 version 64 bit and I've got the working hudmap and no other problem.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Jimmy89 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:02 pm

I choose archive format Zip, rename the file to .ar from .zip and normal compression method.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:59 pm

You haven't to extract all the folders from the .ar file, do the renaming, and then create it again, it's not necessary. You can well do the files renaming thing in WinRar opening the .ar file with it. It's safer and quicker. :wink: