Are MM's tracks possible to convert to Bob's track builder?

Yet another similar track conversion question.

FakeZapata
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Are MM's tracks possible to convert to Bob's track builder?

Postby FakeZapata » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:20 am

They would then be wonderful as free-roam maps in rFactor or AC although I don't know what the file sizes would be. Mario kart tracks has been converted.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:24 pm

Most add-on tracks (the converted ones) use the models in .z3d files, that you can open with ZModeler or Blender, using Aaro4130's tool. Default maps and most scratch-made maps use parts of the map such as roads and the ground as PSDL, which I know it is possible to open and edit, but using some tricky software and procedures. I'm not really into the subject, but if you're able to open the files on a 3D software, you can convert it to whatever you want.

Well, this is the part to bring stuff from MM2 to a 3D software, then you need to know how to convert those into whatever game you wish. As you might guess, as a MM2-related community, we're not into those games you mentioned, and AFAIK anyone here is into modding those. More experienced users can help you doing the first part of the process, but you should search for modding communities of the games you mentioned to get help to do the converting process.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site