Does anyone actually like Midtown Madness 3?

Post your opinion, enter your poll option. Be honest.

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Does anyone actually like Midtown Madness 3?

Postby COOLGUY200 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:07 pm

This is my opinion. Please don't get your Mars Bars in a Twix.

:wink:

Before we begin, may the Chain Story Topic rest in pepperoni. It was useless, yet harmless, everyone liked it but someone had to ruin it like what happens to an Imponte Ruiner if you leave it in a GTA V lobby filled with people, those people...THOSE PEOPLE-

I like it. It looks cool, it's got a story mode, very faithful to the original, even though it was by another developer. DICE made this game! Same guys who did Battlefield, and that's pretty impressive.

I don't know why, but alot of people back in the old days just hated this game.
I HATE MICROSOFT THEY SUK I WAAANT MM3 FOR PEE CEE!!!!!!!11 :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: WE NEED IT FOR PC NOW! LIKE SONIC LIKE SONIC-
Oh, that's why.

People apparently hated this game because we couldn't have mods.

Okay... :?

I honestly thought it was better because...well most people just liked porting cars from the latest Forza or Need For Speed to make the game more "HD".

I just don't get it, becuase some of those mods don't exactly match.

Mods like Revisited are probably the best (remember, in my opinion) to make the game HD becuase it's using stuff that looks like something Angel Studios would have done if it weren't for the slave train that is Microsoft.

Now if that's your thing, cool. You do what you want to do. I can understand modders wanting the game to look better than it originally did. We didn't get MM3 on PC, or any other Midtown Madness games. Closest thing to Midtown Madness 3 on PC, spiritually would be Midnight Club or Grand Theft Auto.

(Rockstar San Diego, a.k.a. our good friends Angel Studios was part of the highly acclaimed "R.A.G.E." development team who helped develop GTA IV or V...nobody was suprised about that when I said that...why not so suprising to hear that, eh?)

The new Midtown Madness didn't seem like a game i'd port to PC. It's a game that just seems to work only on Xbox.

It's like Daytona USA being directly ported to PC.

Yeah, where do I insert the coin?

Or Gran Turismo 2 to PC.

Why can't I save my game! Wait, I need a memory card? Where do I put in a frickin' memory card on a PC??

Now I know. Your like, "But Coolguy200seriously, who calls themselves "coolguy200"?, we want it ported to PC with the controls optimized for PC, and we want the PC style menus that asks us if we want to use our Primary Display Driver! Or our Primary Audio Driver! Or our Primary Controller Driver! Or our Primary Secondary Thirdary Driver!"

"And what's the point of this nonsense?"

Good point. I rest my confusing case here. You probably skimmed through this, I can't blame you. Most of the stuff I wrote here was somewhat a waste of time and that image I used was pretty useless.

Your opinion?

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:08 pm

I never played the game since I was never an Xbox gamer. But seeing the graphical advancement of the game compared to it's predecessors thanks to DICE, I was pretty hungry for the game but since it was an Xbox exclusive I had to stay with MM2, and I am sick of the 90's limitations of THAT game, you know; 16 bit color depth, no memory allocation no specular mapping and cardboard box cities occupied by boxes with octagonal wheels - That's Madness I tell you.
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best active member avatar
Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:30 pm

Daytona USA had a PC version but I dont know what differences it had between the arcade version

Fuyunyan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Postby Fuyunyan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:41 am

Never played it either, but it's wayyy different than the other midtown madnesses. I'm not really liking it, but i'm not hating it either, so i'm neutral.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Diatosta » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:00 am

Never played it, so I can't really give my opinion. I wish I could, but I ain't buying an Xbox just for this game. The last chance we had at something close to it was that clone being made in Unity with the original cars and cities, but guess that went down the drain. :/

As for Daytona USA, I have a friend that has the PS3 edition, and having playing both the arcade and PS3 editions, I can tell that there are almost no differences, the only one I can remember is that you don't insert a coin. That's it :P
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

Fuyunyan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Postby Fuyunyan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:57 am

They have daytona USA for the PS3???

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:52 am

MM3, it's a way difference then MM1 and MM2. MM1 doesn't has a story line, and MM2 has but a very short one. But MM3, I think has a story line because it has characters in it. And that's the problem with MM3.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

AutomotiveGaming
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 9 years 8 months

Postby AutomotiveGaming » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:51 pm

It's alot improved about the technical aspects compared to MM1 and MM2, so for me is a huge yes. Not even regarding the graphics, but the physics, DICE made one hell of a job with them. I love how the lack of ABS feels in the game. Such a shame it has never been made for PC.
[center][img]https://upload.vstanced.com/images/2014/10/06/LaFerrariSignature450x100.jpg[/img]

[url=https://www.youtube.com/AutomotiveGaming]YouTube[/url] | [url=https://www.facebook.com/pages/Automotive-Gaming/550022941709461]Facebook[/url] | [url=https://twitter.com/Auto_Gaming]Twitter[/url][/center]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:59 pm

There's a reason there was never a Midtown Madness 4. MM3 was a flop, most likely because of the absolutely retarded decision to keep it on console. However, it always seemed like too much of a kid's game to me, compared to MM1 and MM2.

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby COOLGUY200 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:33 pm

There's a reason there was never a Midtown Madness 4. MM3 was a flop, most likely because of the absolutely retarded decision to keep it on console. However, it always seemed like too much of a kid's game to me, compared to MM1 and MM2.
They wanted it to be an Xbox exclusive so we would buy it. It's actually amazing they even made a third game in the series, because every other game in the Madness series was never given a chance. Motorcross Madness and Monster Truck Madness were great games and Microsoft should have done a third sequel to both of those games.

But true, thanks to the fact they only put it on Xbox, and didn't put it on any other console.

Plus, racing games at this point were more about games like Forza Motorsport, Project Gotham Racing, Need For Speed Most Wanted, and Gran Turismo. When it came to driving around in a city, people didn't want to just drive, they wanted to interact with it. That's why people didn't buy it, it's because we had Grand Theft Auto.

Now for a video that tells us what happens behind the scenes of the game that puts pedestrians in their places!

https://archive.org/details/Midtown_Mad ... ckumentary

By the way, one of these days i'll get Midtown Madness 3 and i'll compare it to Midtown Madness 2.

But for now, watch these two videos.

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Well they wanted a Xbox eclusive but that didn't worked out because Xbox wasn't sold everywhere unlike Playstation which was known everywhere.

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby COOLGUY200 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:35 pm

Well they wanted a Xbox eclusive but that didn't worked out because Xbox wasn't sold everywhere unlike Playstation which was known everywhere.
Original Xbox: 24 million

PlayStation 2: 155 million (as of March 31, 2012)

Oh okay.

But you have to consider this.

They also cancelled Netflix on PS2 in 2012.

In Brazil.

Where getting a PS3 is for "rich" people.

Sadly.

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:23 am

Xbox wasnt available in my country for example. We only have 360 and the latest one but when 360 was released in my country the market was already dominated by PS3. Releasing MM3 for PC would definitely give more money for Microsoft.

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby COOLGUY200 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:07 pm

Xbox wasnt available in my country for example. We only have 360 and the latest one but when 360 was released in my country the market was already dominated by PS3. Releasing MM3 for PC would definitely give more money for Microsoft.
It would have probably done them better to release it for PC...at least some people remember the game. Comments section of a MM3 video usually has one or more instance of the word "nostalgia" :P
Never played it either, but it's wayyy different than the other midtown madnesses. I'm not really liking it, but i'm not hating it either, so i'm neutral.
Uhh, well how about you get yourself an Xbox and a copy of MM3...both will cost you 30 bucks if your fine with paying that much. Or emulate it!
I never played the game since I was never an Xbox gamer. But seeing the graphical advancement of the game compared to it's predecessors thanks to DICE, I was pretty hungry for the game but since it was an Xbox exclusive I had to stay with MM2, and I am sick of the 90's limitations of THAT game, you know; 16 bit color depth, no memory allocation no specular mapping and cardboard box cities occupied by boxes with octagonal wheels - That's Madness I tell you.
What's madness is that some people think that MM3 is useless...gosh, someone ported a beta car from a early version of Gran Turismo 2 into a final version! So what makes MM3 not accessible?

I'm going to emulate this game one of these days...and REALLY see how good it is.

SURRRE

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Sun May 01, 2016 10:35 pm

What's madness is that some people think that MM3 is useless...
It looks like freaking fun if you ask me. 8) Maybe people are just sulking because they can't play it. :roll:

Dem graphics though. Please tell me the cops don't bust you in MM3...

EDIT: Is there a soundtrack in the game? I heard Highway to Hell being played during the above video, or is the music not from the game?
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best active member avatar
Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member