MM1 and MM2.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

The Ultimate fate of MMs.

Postby Seahawk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:27 am

I didn't wanted to write this, nobody must ever wanted to read this too. But this is observed by me. The ultimate fate of MMs. The ultimate fate of MM1 is complete, and for MM2 is nearing. About MM3, I don't think it is a MM. It has nothing like MMs. (I had saw videos of MM3).

MM1: Now, MMArchive is dead, and you cannot get any addons unless little bit of those in MM2x. There is no MM1 multiplayer activity for almost 2 years by now in April. Screen shooters are absent from a long time. Mm2mm1fan's contribution to the resurrection of MM1 were great, but failed. So, by all these things anyone can tell that it is dead. I also never open it.

MM2: MMArchive, having a lot of things is dead, only extreme things can be downloaded through MM2x. There are no cars being made. Only Sajmon and E-cobra are making tracks. There is only a little screen shooting activity. And, there is no multiplayer activity. This all indicates that it is dying.

So, anyone can notice that how bad time is there for the real MMs now. And, there are no easy ways to stop MM2 from dying, and to resurrect MM1.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby KingAndy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:18 am

I think these games already gave us everything they had to. Amongst the community, I think most people just like me ended up getting bored of continue doing the same over and over. Eventually we miss a game we all like so much and come back to do a little something but we obviously can't continue something for over and over. We all grow up as people, having things in life that consume our free time being it work, college or other different hobbies, and as (mostly) gamers here we also have new games to play and/or work on.

It's an inevitable fate, but I think we should all recognize these games lived for an incredibly long time in fact. It's understandable this game ended up forgotten, there's no sequels to bring the light to them, Angel Studios became part of Rockstar and their work is not remembered as well besides Midnight Club. Newest versions of Windows can't run it properly, and even with the fixes that have been discovered arround here (even my minimizing trick) it's still considered not to work on Windows 8 and 10, being another factor for people not to even give it a try. Plus, almost 2 decades after so many titles with similar ideas came and are much more known amongst most users. There's not anything even mentioning these games nowadays - just notice I discovered this game from a very old Internet software I had laying arround, that came with a Midtown Madness 2 demo.

I don't think we should be somehow sad for this end to be coming, or even trying to battle it. The games won't die, it sounds like bullsh.. but they'll always be on our hearts, and we'll also be back to them times to times and even continue to create new mods for them when we miss the good ol' days: even myself have so many things I wanted to make for it!

This community is probably the best I ever discovered, I think I can call every active user here a friend and I'm glad I'm still here today, and that's just one of the many great things Midtown Madness series changed on my life.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:19 pm

Well people have no time, but soon new people might come and start releasing something. Well I'm hoping for new trackmakers

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby aaro4130 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:33 pm

For a while, I was gone from the community, and the game itself. But, the things that really brought me back were
a) Being able to easily work with game files (Blender PKG Add-On).
b) Project Realism. Project Realism is a project by DB, which adds a huge fun factor into the game. It feels like a completely different game and at times is so frustrating, in a way that makes you want to keep trying. Unfortunately I don't see him finishing it. But there is a beta version out here.
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Postby FXANBSS » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:09 pm

Yeah, MM2 is dying, also, there is something that nobody noticed, well, MM2 online is dead, yeah, it's dead.

So, for now, let's just play Singleplayer, destroy cops and play races like everyday.

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:59 pm

It's really scary to think that MM1 was made 17 years ago. :wassat:
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:11 pm

Oh and MM2 will turn 18 soon, finally it will be an adult :P

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Re: The Ultimate fate of MMs.

Postby Franch88 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:59 pm

This situation is going on since some years, it's natural for a such old game series that has been forgotten even by the publisher. Generally, the activity and active members keep slowing down, figure out the new comed. But, from time to time, there are still some impressive surprises made, like the recent ones made by Aaro and Diatosta.
MM2: [...] There are no cars being made.
No cars made? Really? And those I publish here every month what are? :P And there are also still some scratch made ones, like those by Pibraclab.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 9 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:43 am

Plus MMA might come back soon, just the hosting needs to open the site again because the spambots ate up the bandwidth of the website. Plus what about DB's MM1 Revisited mod? Without it, no one would play it as much now.
Retired from modifying Midtown Madness games. Nowadays I mod Crashday Redline Edition in my spare time.

Fuyunyan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Postby Fuyunyan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:23 am

Seahawk is right, MM3 is nothing like the other mms.

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Postby COOLGUY200 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:44 am

Seahawk is right, MM3 is nothing like the other mms.
Sure. Midtown Madness 3 became a clone of Call Of Duty using the Rigs Of Rods game engine using only game models from LSD: Dream Emulator. WAAAAAAAAY different.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Re: The Ultimate fate of MMs.

Postby Seahawk » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:47 am

No cars made? Really? And those I publish here every month what are? :P And there are also still some scratch made ones, like those by Pibraclab.
:roll: Didn't noticed it. :roll:
-Seahawk

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby KingAndy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:52 am

I understand your point if you said that back some years ago there were lots on converters/ creators making new car mods, while nowadays there's only 2 or 3 people who regularly create new mods, but saying you didn't noticed them... C'mon Seahawk :P I think the news feed really catches the eye on the home page, even on my smartphone's screen.
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:21 am

First of all I have did almost nothing. But I'm thinking to make paint jobs.
-Seahawk

GTAVPoliceman
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Postby GTAVPoliceman » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:21 pm

Let's think about that, Midtown madness games is just go around play races and destroy cops, this is not enough, that's why people see this game is not completely more, I thinking about that that we should have a midtown madness rebooted as well, adding more missions, police officers arrest you, playing races with drivers facing each other before start the race, and police helicopters chasing you, but don't worry guys I will work soon as game developer and midtown madness will be in my mind in around 2018 but allowing making mods, new tracks, new cars, you will see the new rebooted mm game made by me.

I was thinking about making a new map for mm2, but unfortunately I don't have a good computer for the 3ds max to build the map, the map I currently working on is New York, NY map, but it is more giant than the old mc nyc map that only consists of manhattan, and I think mm2 is not more enough than GTA III or GTA V because there is no helicopters, only police pursuing you and destroy them, ah shit!!!!! and also no storyline.

and I noticed everything, that everybody is interested more in grand theft auto and need for speed modding, because these games are realistic than midtown madness itself, midtown madness 1 there is no tools since the 2009 I think because people had enough playing such like that, and I'm playing GTA III and GTA V sometimes because it is realistic, police arrest you, a storyline, you guys I know gta iii is about a criminal life but just saying because how the game is realistic.

I remember a 2008 when I was playing mm2x mods, now everything Is changing like I was in 2007 in south central park, it looks differently, now in 2016 south central park changed, but don't worry guys the old thing will return with new things.