Giant map

Creation of a giant map for MM2 possible ?

pibraclab
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Giant map

Postby pibraclab » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi guys !

Actually, with another modeler, we are working on a great 3D map. Initially, we had to create it for the creation of an open world game but some people who offered their help, including proposing us to include and operate 3D models with Unity, we abandoned the project. In fact, with the other modeler, we would make a mod, or rather a Megapack, including cars and a very large map for MM2.
As much I know model and import cars for MM2, so I don't know how to do map or even import them. I'm just learning via the tutorial on the forum.
I wish ask a question about map on MM2 : can i create giant map or is there a limit on the size ?

If some people are interested to join us ...

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 3 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:29 pm

I think there is a limit on a map's size, don't know exactly what it is though

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:53 pm

I think the size is not a problem, but the polycount can be a problem

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby SuperSecret » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Well, someone a long time ago made this track, a 900 km square, but after some (I don't remember how many) kilometers the lighting stops working correctly, so yes, extremely big maps are theoretically possible, but not practical after a certain size.
ImageAuthor of best MM2 track add-on of the year (2014) - Best Programmer (2015)
ImageBest programmer (2013 - 2014) - Best MM2 innovation of the year (2014)
ImageAuthor of best MM2 mod of the year (2013)

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:07 pm

I released a track here on MM2x that's larger than SF.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Postby BIGzee » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:31 pm

Megapack sure sounds big 8). Yep, there's always a vertices or polygons limit. Do try New york for MM2. That is the seemingly maximum 'compatible' limit as far as I know.

What is the Unity project you were working on ?
I released a track here on MM2x that's larger than SF.
Which one is it :o ?
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:48 pm

As Sajmon says, the main limiting problem with tracks is given by its total polygons count, not by its extension.
Nice to see you back with MM2 stuff, Pibraclab. :)

The unique track made by Carking is this.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

pibraclab
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby pibraclab » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:03 pm

It was a game projetc like NFS. After most EA dev problem and the fed up of EA on NFS World, a french community decided to create a Free to play cars game to compete NFSW but after some weeks, much guys abandoned the project. Actually just me and the other modeler Paulideo stay but neither of us know using Unity so we decided to continue a project together for MM2.
Normally, the project map should include the climb of Pikes Peak and that Mount Haruna. Paulideo work on map and me on vehicule.

Thank you Franch88. I'm happy to recover the MM2 community although english is not my favorite language. In passing how to submit downloadable cars ?

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:38 pm

It was a game projetc like NFS. After most EA dev problem and the fed up of EA on NFS World, a french community decided to create a Free to play cars game to compete NFSW but after some weeks, much guys abandoned the project. Actually just me and the other modeler Paulideo stay but neither of us know using Unity so we decided to continue a project together for MM2.
Normally, the project map should include the climb of Pikes Peak and that Mount Haruna. Paulideo work on map and me on vehicule.

Thank you Franch88. I'm happy to recover the MM2 community although english is not my favorite language. In passing how to submit downloadable cars ?
Do you have any links for info on the project? I'm a professional Unity developer and maybe I can provide some help.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

pibraclab
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby pibraclab » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:56 pm

Do you have any links for info on the project? I'm a professional Unity developer and maybe I can provide some help.
Yes, you can see subject here : https://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-20190 ... un-jeu.htm
https://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-2019 ... jeu-v2.htm
and on this forum where we are actually : https://3dautos.superforum.fr/t517-creation-d-un-jeu

Attention ! All is in french language