General question

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

NFS Most Wanted 2012 help

Postby Midtown2 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:08 am

Hey guys

So I've figured out how to play mm2 on my new Windows 8.1 laptop. I am however having problems with Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012. I click the application and it says "an app is needed to open this file" or some crap like that. Anybody know how to fix it? I changed compatibility modes and everything already.

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 9 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:07 pm

You need Origin in order to run it.
Retired from modifying Midtown Madness games. Nowadays I mod Crashday Redline Edition in my spare time.

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Postby BIGzee » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:04 pm

Autolog since Win 8 works with sophisticated requirements mostly - including steam/origin purchases. Maybe your purchase came with a launcher, that is if you bought a physical DVD copy. Try it first. Else, sign into Origin/steam and validate your copy using the code in your box and get a digital version of MW '12 and whatever other physical purchases you've made. This doesn't work in my country, but it's worth a try, it may work for you. Else if you got it from origin/steam, simply download any of the two clients, sign-in, validate and make sure to start the game through the client for the first time.

Is this happening only with EA's games, have you tried anything else ? Are you saying that MM2 and MW '12 are the first games you've tried on your new laptop ?
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Midtown2 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:31 am

Alright. What it seems was that it was a bad exe file or something. I had also tried hot pursuit and the crew on my PC and they had worked fine. I just download a new exe file and it worked. Thanks everybody!