Why is my texture not transparent in Zmodeler?

Doof4294967296
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Why is my texture not transparent in Zmodeler?

Postby Doof4294967296 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:31 pm

I have a texture saved in .tga file format. And I noticed that it has no transparency. I've add Alpha channel on the image and erased insignificant black excess areas. Yet in zmodeler it has black borders.

Look at the image below:

See the tailights? It was blocked by the black area.

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby e-cobra » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Set the material material type to glowing and make sure that it is saved in 32 bit and not 24 bit for transparency to retain.

EDIT: If what I said was true, then transparent area should have shown as white. Since you say it looks black, check your UV map and make sure the area that looks black is on transparent part of the texture.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

eiterblase
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby eiterblase » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:53 am

Set the material material type to glowing and make sure that it is saved in 32 bit and not 24 bit for transparency to retain.

EDIT: If what I said was true, then transparent area should have shown as white. Since you say it looks black, check your UV map and make sure the area that looks black is on transparent part of the texture.
I agree with this view

Doof4294967296
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Postby Doof4294967296 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:29 am

Oh, thanks I haven't set the type of the material yet.

EDIT: And it works the alpha channel was used.