Mine's R34 Skyline

Question about HP/engine

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years

Mine's R34 Skyline

Postby Jimmy89 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:05 pm

I was wondering, why does this car have correct HP in the garage stats (500+HP), but clearly not the same HP in the game (I'd say less than 350HP), performances are, as a consequence, way below the performances one would expect from such a tuned car... :/

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Postby StanOfGB » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:43 pm

Because those two parameters are independent of each other. It probably does have fewer actual HP.

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years

Postby Jimmy89 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:52 pm

I know, I meant that in GT2, I remember these cars (Mine's Skylines) were more powerful than just 300 or so HP. (and thus, the garage stats seemed more accurate to the GT2 version - or maybe was it after tuning)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:53 pm

I assume you're talking about the horsepower values discrepancy in the .info file and in the tuning .vehcarsim file.
They're indeed values that work independently: the one in the .info file needs to be the real one of the vehicle specifications, while the other must be set in way to get at least the right acceleration in-game. Sometimes is needed to set the contrary, that the value in the tuning file must be much higher than the real car horsepower.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|