Your dream car project

Pool

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Your dream car project

Postby KingAndy » Thu May 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Hey, I thinked on this recently and I thinked it would be a intresting pool to discuss here.

I guess everybody here has (at least) 1 dream car. But, altough I would like to have a stock car, I think I would prefer a custom rod, built by me, as a dream car.

In my case, this is my dream project: taking the body of a old muscle (my ideal cars are a 70 Dodge Charger, Plymouth Roadrunner, Dodge Dart, Mustang Mach 1 (the later models), 68 Mustang, Chevrolet Nova, or something like this); then I wanted a newer V8 engine or the stock engine of the car but customized and improved. The engine should have a supercharger, one of the big ones passing trough the hood, and the exaust pipes comming from the sides of the car. The car should have working vent tunnels (not sure if vent s the right word) and custom interior. There is also a list I imagined of stuff it should have/ parameters it should respect:

-> The colour of it should be black, and maybe with some effects in red like a red ring on the wheels ar some red painted stuff on it.
-> The suspensions should be a bit (but not too much) lowered. Since I want it to be street legal and can even drive arround with it, it should have a kind of hydraulic suspension, controled form the inside, where I could change the high of the car from the ground.
-> The interiors should be redesigned, doing it with black leather and aluminium. It should look simple and somehow agressive. The sits would be designed making them look similar to the original ones but more confortable and secure. the doors would have some alluminium parts and black leather, and also automatic oppening windows (but the buttons to use it looking simple, since the original car don't have this).
-> The windows should be dark.
-> the dashboard should look simple, with a equal steering wheel of the original car but in black, and with lots of buttons to control stuff like the suspensions on the dashboard.
-> It should have roll bars installed, not only for safety, but for a more agressive look.
-> I love music. I wanted this car to have a USB entrance to connect a phone or a iPad to listen music on it, and some really good speakers, but to make it don't look stupid, the ultra modern speakers should be hidden hunder some grilles like the original speakers, and the radio would be hidden in the glove compartment.
-> Gas is quite expensive in Portugal and a supercharged V8 can burn lots of it. I don't know if it exists, but if yes, I would like to have a device to turn off the supercharger.
-> The chassis of the car should be the original one, to make easier to make it street legal in Portugal.
-> The performance of this car should be similar to a modern muscle car. I want on it things like modern brake pads, assisted steering, and any other device that would improve the performance of it (except electronics for the interior, the radio is enough).

This is basically my dream car project. Do you have one that would like to share? It don't have to be a custom muscle, it can be a hot rod, a gasser, custom japanese car... idk xD
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby whoami » Fri May 16, 2014 1:09 pm

A tiny hatchback with invisible wheels, a 400-500 mph top speed and an extremely drift-y tuning.

Well, the game is Midtown Madness 2, right? :P
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Fri May 16, 2014 5:37 pm

A tiny hatchback with invisible wheels, a 400-500 mph top speed and an extremely drift-y tuning.

Lool no, I'm talking about real life cars ;)
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby whoami » Fri May 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Lool no, I'm talking about real life cars ;)
Then let's improvise. A Honda Fit with invisible wheels, a 400-500 mph top speed and extremely drift-y tuning. :D

Although I really would like to convert the Skoda Laura (that's Octavia for you non-Indians)...
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Fri May 16, 2014 7:17 pm

A 2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 dually is my dream:

-painted glossy black, with gold trim
-super-heavy-duty hydraulics
-a switch to open the muffler by-pass valve (ROAAARRRRR!!!! :lol: ) or the super-powered custom muffler for minimum sound (stealth mode!! :wink: )
-I seriously like to be organized--almost too much, so bed-boxes, underbody-boxes, Ramboxes (even though they don't yet come with the 3500 series), and ladder rack
-a full tow-truck style lightbar, with the brakelights, worklights, and all
-a blue strobe hidden behind the windshield, as well as a siren (getting reminiscent of GTA SA's FBI Rancher in this aspect)
-I also want this rig to be visible, regardless of the weather, so I'd replace pretty much every single exterior light with LED's, add a few spotlights, and a 5-trumpet "train-style" airhorn.
-I don't know how many custom modding shops offer bullet-proofing, but somewhere, I'd find a place that would do the full armor get-up
-While I'm building the ultimate truck, I think I'd also attempt to install an afterburner. If I can't have one, then I guess I'd go with a supercharger.
-I'm also thinking that I need to go beyond 4x4, maybe to 4 wheel steering entirely. And the tires should be 24 or 36 inch, if I can find them in dually.
-We're talking 8-foot box here, so...I think I'll cut off the rear window and put it back 2 feet, creating a "third row seat" with a canvas roof (excellent place to mount a 30 mm cannon or something :lol: )
-Finally, a few more "normal" aftermarket accessories, like a push-bar and a huge winch
-Probably I'd also add to the interior as well, making it rustic "western", yet extremely versatile, with all the latest tech.

No, its not a pretty picture, and probably a slight tad unrealistic for an average civilian, but yes, I'm a tech geek and an off-road geek, so I'm not exactly a pretty picture or wholly realistic either... :lol:
And in case anyone is wondering, I really do intend to attempt this some day:)

If, after all this, I fail, I'll at least have created a much improved Halo Warthog, lol!)
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

b12man
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby b12man » Sat May 17, 2014 8:03 pm

I'd love to eventually build up my 98 Grand Cherokee.

- replace every worn suspension and steering component while upgrading parts like sway bars, control arms, etc to make it handle better
- do a nice detail of the interior, recondition all the leather, upgrade the stereo system a bit
- rebuild the engine with a stroker kit to increase displacement from 5.9L to 6.7L, while doing a bunch of other engine work (replace heads, cam, intake manifold, etc)
- mount a big turbo and hold on

Simple dreams, doable in time. I'd love to one day own a 1969 or 1970 Mustang Boss 429 but they're way too rare for me to afford.
I like girls kind of like chicken wings; hot, tender and half-price on Tuesday.

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Sat May 17, 2014 9:43 pm

1998 Mini Cooper 1.3i with,
- 4 foglights on the front grille
- Red with white stripes on the hood and a Union Jack flag on the roof

-About it, maybe a custom muffler tip to give the exhaust a bit of a more rumbling sound 8)
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years

Postby COOLGUY200 » Sun May 18, 2014 1:59 am