Addon cities and sky mods

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years

Addon cities and sky mods

Postby Jimmy89 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:00 pm

What are the ways to make the addon cities (such as Euro City, Desert v2, New York, Country Side, Bay City, Abandonned Cities, Oceany...) compatible with sky mods such as Revisited 4's sky mod (Lake Louise is only addon city compatible so far)?

Sorry if it's already been asked, but it's rather annoying that the only downside to addon cities is the repeating badly done original sky, especially when you use clouds/rain weathers.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:21 pm

To have the custom skies of the MM2 Revisited Mod V5.1 (choose this version) compatible with the add-on tracks you need to create a little patch for them.
Open Notepad, write the code "skybox_sf 0 1.0 0.0" to use the skies for SF or the code "skybox_lon 0 1.0 0.0" to use those for London, and save it with the extension in .sky and the filename of the track basename. To know the basename of each add-on track, most of the times is enough open the .ar file with WinRAR or 7Zip programs and look at the file names, especially the one with the .cinfo extension. Successively, put the saved file in an empty folder called "city" and make a ZIP compressed archive of it calling the file something like "! ! ! !skypatch.ar".
An alternative is use this mod, which works for any city, default and add-on.

For any help just ask.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years

Postby Jimmy89 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:20 pm

So, I just need to create a .sky file for each city with either SF or London skies, then I add all the .sky files to a folder called "city" and then I compress it into a .ar file to use ingame?
Or do I have to create a patch for each city?

Edit: nevermind, it works! Image

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:45 pm

You create only one patch .ar file. To add more, inside the "city" folder you just have to do copies of the previously saved .sky file and rename their names with the basenames of the other add-on cities where you want to have the custom sky of the mod.

Good to have figured it out, it's really simple. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby KingAndy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:17 am

Most of the new addon cities files are locked. You can find out the basename of the city by oppenning it's ar. file in MM2 Vehicle Viewer (download it from MM2X) and it will show a list of the pkg. files inside of it. All the pkg files will have the same basename, and that's the city basename. :)
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:00 pm

Textures look like Unity sky to me, are they really from Unity?
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby NotoriousA » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:49 pm

I don't think so, looks just like Revisited MM2 to me.
[img][/img]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:40 am