Postby FXANBSS » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:37 am

Good work!

MagicMidtown
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

Postby MagicMidtown » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:48 am

Is this project cancelled?
I sure hope not. All of this looks amazing, and I can't wait to try out these races. Between this and the Imperial London Racepack, it almost seems like a brand new game, like MM2 - Second Edition or MM2 Revisited, but with no connection to the mod that was created of the same name.

I think it would be really cool for these racepacks to come with locked vehicles and special paintjobs to go along with them. I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to add in the coding for such things, but maybe that's only because I'm not an expert in coding and some veterans could tell me that essentially creating a brand new game would be a lot of work. But, hey, I can dream, can't I? :wink:
A word to the wise - you can?t always trust that arrow.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:00 am

No need of difficult coding for that. But WHY do you want it locked. :roll:
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

MagicMidtown
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby MagicMidtown » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:39 am

No need of difficult coding for that. But WHY do you want it locked. :roll:
To have a sense of fulfillment and motivation upon completing a race. The knowledge that you're working towards a goal (i.e. unlocking a new vehicle or paintjob). Sure, racing in amateur and professional modes for the new racepacks is really nice and challenging on its own, but the races wouldn't be nearly as much fun and equally challenging if you also weren't working towards some kind of goal.

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:31 pm

I sure hope not. All of this looks amazing, and I can't wait to try out these races. Between this and the Imperial London Racepack, it almost seems like a brand new game, like MM2 - Second Edition or MM2 Revisited, but with no connection to the mod that was created of the same name.

I think it would be really cool for these racepacks to come with locked vehicles and special paintjobs to go along with them. I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to add in the coding for such things, but maybe that's only because I'm not an expert in coding and some veterans could tell me that essentially creating a brand new game would be a lot of work. But, hey, I can dream, can't I? :wink:
The locked vehicle thing and special paintjobs thing was actually possible.
The easiest way to do that was to replace the races with the racepack's ones. So whenever you finish 6 races, you unlock the Audi TT :D
Oh, I'm not sure if it is possible to do lock brand new cars (like the downloaded ones) :(

The idea was decent, though.
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:41 pm

The easiest way to do that was to replace the races with the racepack's ones. So whenever you finish 6 races, you unlock the Audi TT :D
Oh, I'm not sure if it is possible to do lock brand new cars (like the downloaded ones) :(

There's something in the .info file for that.
-Seahawk

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Postby carfan1061 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:45 am

BIGzee managed to pull it off with his Mustang pack :idea:

MagicMidtown
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby MagicMidtown » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:13 am

Yeah, this is what I was thinking. A set of brand new vehicles that could be unlocked upon completion of a certain amount of races, plus a set of special paintjobs that could also be unlocked for some of the vehicles. I understand that the coding is embedded somewhere to be able to do this, but I don't want to undermine all the hard work that went into creating these races by complaining about a lack of rewards upon completing them.

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:03 pm

Nice work so far :)
Retired from modifying Midtown Madness games. Nowadays I mod Crashday Redline Edition in my spare time.

dafa
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby dafa » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Great work! :D

Ch405
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Ch405 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:29 pm

when you are gonna launch the racepack?
Welcome to the Midtown Madness 2 Community, motherf*cker.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:36 pm

What about racing on Bay Bridge.
-Seahawk

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Postby cody » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:36 pm

That would require the Revisited mod (at least V3 or V4).
My Member Number is prime. LOL!