Golden Gate Racepack

A new racepack for San Francisco!

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Postby NotoriousA » Sun May 08, 2016 3:46 am

Make a checkpoint race like Circuit Within...that race is pretty clever if you ask me. Put another race within another race!

And maybe something like Solider Sneaker. Wanna see a situation like that, maybe with the LTV's :D

Pacific Sprint is similar to Circuit Within. Although, it's nowhere near complete because I haven't placed the barriers yet. (still trying to figure out how to place them on hills... :roll: )

Golden Gate Troops was based on Soldier Sneaker. It even has the same start spots and LTVs.
[img][/img]

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years

Postby COOLGUY200 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:43 pm

@NotoriousA That's amazing, great to see these kind of races! Is It possible to place props for a race such as ramps?

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years

Postby FXANBSS » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Very nice!

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby NotoriousA » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:00 pm

@NotoriousA That's amazing, great to see these kind of races! Is It possible to place props for a race such as ramps?
Very late reply, but yes, it is possible. However, we don't really have any programs that allows us to do that besides MM2 City Editor, which is outdated and doesn't have full capabilities (such as the ability to rotate objects vertically).

Anyway, I promised to finished this mod a year ago, but like most of my promises, it was broken. That being said, I just finished working on the first three circuit races! Don't fret though, the checkpoint races are still going on. It's just that that I'm unsatisfied with the checkpoint race I'm currently working on, so its progress may be postponed for a bit.

Circuit #1 - Tiny Triangle

Just a little roundabout at the beginning of the Golden Gate Bridge. Nothing can possibly ever go wrong here unless you lose complete control of your speed wagon. Hope you can endure a minute of slight dizziness!

Features:
  • 6 Opponents in Amateur, 7 in Professional.
  • Traffic: 20% for Amateur, 23% for Professional. I like the idea of having traffic in circuit races too.
  • Weather: Clear Morning for Amateur, Cloudy Morning for Professional.
  • 7 Laps for both difficulties.
  • An undercover cop in Professional. (you'll notice it if you take a closer look)
Screenshots:

Amateur

Professional

Easter Egg: A UFO Triple Stacker

Circuit #2 - Seaside Sprint

You may have heard of Chicago's very own Riverside Run, well get ready for Seaside Sprint
[img][/img]

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Nice to see you back in the works with your race mods too NotoriousA. Keep it up. :aplausos:
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Yesss!
Derivatives of Riverside Run and Tunnel Turner! They are love :)
So happy to see you back again on this mod!
Great work, man!
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Jimmy89 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:49 pm

Awesome news to have this mod going back into dev!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:20 pm

Well, it's not necessary set a finish line to complete this long project, but anyway, it's nice to see you back with the mod, great work so far. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Jimmy89 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:17 pm

An idea for the last circuit, just like in SF Racemod you have that circuit race "Big City Loop" around SF, but without going on the Golden Gate. This time, the race could start in the bridge tunnel's entry and turn around the city (highway included) to go back to the tunnel with a last checkpoint in the back of the tunnel's loop.
About the name, "Loop de Loop" or "Highway to Gold" ...

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby NotoriousA » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:48 pm

An idea for the last circuit, just like in SF Racemod you have that circuit race "Big City Loop" around SF, but without going on the Golden Gate. This time, the race could start in the bridge tunnel's entry and turn around the city (highway included) to go back to the tunnel with a last checkpoint in the back of the tunnel's loop.
About the name, "Loop de Loop" or "Highway to Gold" ...
I've tried making a race like this a few weeks ago, but for some reason, the AI turned around at the beginning of the bridge instead of driving on it. Regardless, I'm gonna find a way to work around it, and hopefully we'll get some tunnel roundabout action!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I wasn't able to work as fast as Rohit since I've got plenty of other projects to do myself. Have a look at the next bout of circuit races before I go on to finish a new checkpoint race (and a bunch of other stuff).

Circuit #4 - Quantum Leap

Being a graduate of the Golden Gate Stunt Driving School has surely paid off dividends, but where's the fun in taking all comers when they're not willing to take things to extreme? Luckily, you've got seven other young and hungry stuntmen looking for competition. From big jumps, to sidewalk grazing, to crazy buses, this race is the perfect start for a rookie stunt driver!

Features:
  • 7 Opponents.
  • Traffic: 30% for Amateur, 33% for Professional.
  • Weather: Cloudy Noon for Amateur, Foggy Noon for Professional.
  • 3 Laps for both difficulties.
  • 6 Cops for Amateur, 9 Cops for Professional.
  • 1 Alley Bus, which serves as an obstacle for later laps.
Screenshots:

Amateur

Professional

The Quantum Leap

Peeking Bus

Circuit #5 - Whole Nine Yards

You and eight other challengers will be running a marathon throughout Presidio and the Golden Gate Park to celebrate the upcoming Critical Mass event. Unfortunately, it's been a rough week for the cops, so they'll show up with the troops at every corner to ensure that there'll be no further violence against civilians.

Features:
  • 8 Opponents.
  • Traffic: 22% for Amateur, 25% for Professional.
  • Weather: Foggy Morning for Amateur, Clear Evening for Professional.
  • 2 Laps for both difficulties.
  • 9 Cops and 4 LTVs.
Screenshots:

Amateur

Professional

Landrovers Let Loose

Golden Gate Panorama

Smothered

Park and Ride!

Circuit #6 - City at Bay

Just as you were about to enjoy your vacation in San Francisco, you were suddenly met by a local gang who have threatened to steal all of your life savings and valuables. They will drop the threat under one condition
[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:13 pm

Again very nice work so far. :)
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:31 pm

Excellent :D

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Postby carfan1061 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:32 pm

Very nice thrilling shots. :D

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:32 am

Impressive work man!
City at bay looks amazing. I always wanted to play such race which starts at Hyatt!
LOL @ Ninja Cop
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:00 am

Very good work!
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here