The patch didn't fix some issues...

Retarded_Pig
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 10 years

The patch didn't fix some issues...

Postby Retarded_Pig » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:56 am

After installing the MM2 patch, I expected to be able to record my game with fraps easily, but I'm still having some annoying issues.

The flickering screen that the patch was supposed to fix still persists. I think it's my graphics card, as whenever I set the device in graphics options to "software" the flickering stops, and I'm left with ugly, grainy graphics.

I'm also experiencing a strange problem when fraps is open and can detect the game. All buttons and text disappear, which is a bad problem for me because I need to get footage of the menus while recording. I have tried to record with DXTory also, but the game just crashes to desktop whenever I record.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:28 pm

I assume you have a copy of the game that has been installed from its original disc or from an image of it. You haven't just the game files in a folder. Use this edited game EXE file replacing the original one. If you use Windows 7 as OS, set to run always the game executable as administrator from its properties.
Usually Fraps doesn't give problems to the game while working, no idea about it. Maybe it's related with the graphic issues that you're having, or if it happens only with the software rendering mode, I would say that's normal.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Retarded_Pig
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Retarded_Pig » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:35 am

Wow, I must've made a mistake in Catalyst Control Centre when configuring the graphics. Now I've sorted out the flickering, I must've forced vertical refresh on. Sorry for the bother. :oops:

But Fraps still interferes with the game, in both software more and the hardware modes. If it helps, my graphics chipset is the AMD Radeon 7700 series. The screen looks like this with Fraps open:

I've also discovered something stranger, that DXTory does not interfere with buttons and text, but crashes the game to desktop upon attempting to record.

Thanks for your help. :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:44 am

Is always better force the vertical refresh from the graphic card control panel, so to get the FPS limited to the vertical sync rate of the screen, which is 60 in most of them.
Maybe it's the Fraps' FPS number showing what makes hide the game menu elements, have you tried to disable it?
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Retarded_Pig
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Retarded_Pig » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:55 am

Fixed!

I cannot express how thankful I am for your help. I would never have thought that such a simple thing could make the game so dysfunctional. Again, thanks so much for your help.

As for the vertical refresh, I forced it on, and the flickering didn't return. I've no idea how, but it seemed to just disappear randomly...