Looking for a mod & can't find it

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Looking for a mod & can't find it

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:38 pm

MM2HP by lacsek23

I've looked almost everywhere and can't find it. I have it, but I can't get it to work. I downloaded it like two years and 3 computers ago, so I'm almost convinced its corrupted. Anyone know what site its on?
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Well, in case you can correctly extract the files from the downloaded archive and no error is got, there's surely nothing wrong or corrupted with them...

Here's the post with the download link for a mod claimed as MM2HP Mod, when really it's the MM2MW Mod, because presented as such from the beginning and because most of its cars are from NFS Most Wanted 2012 game (what a big error...). But, since you're talking about a file downloaded 2 years ago, you're meaning the one present in the link of this post, that's still not 2 years old, and that's the real NFSHP Mod with cars converted from NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 game. That link it's no more working now, contact Lacsek23 for the file.

The first problem that such big carpacks can cause in most of the cases, is that being so big, they can hardly work well in-game... For example, I've never got to work both of them, once per time obviously, by keeping the big file in its original state and by adding only one of those little .ar files with only the .info file to separately play the cars of the carpack that you want...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:58 pm

That mods look really good, why they are not in MM2X servers?

About the problems caused by a so big mod like a huge car pack, I found a really simple solution for them: normally I only like and want no more than 5 cars from a car pack, so to allow me to dont have the other ones in game, making impossible to add much more addon cars, I simply create empty .info files with the basename of the cars I do NOT want, pack them into a ar. file and problem solved! Basically the same way dummiesboy created his mod to remove all the default cars, included on Revisited v5
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:27 pm

Thanks, Franch!

Andy, the post mentioned that the file was too big for mm2x. But that trick you suggested might just be the trick, cause the main game and the add-on cars are in seperate ar files. So if I didn't put any cars in, it crashed and if I put all of them in, it still "crashed" but just the simple crash where it reverts to desktop without an error message, because there were too many cars.
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:39 pm

I didn't get what you said :?

The idea is not use the Revisited v5 nodefaultcars mod, my idea is:

1. Open the carpack ar. file in mm2vv and list the included pkg files on it, so you will know the basename of each car. Write somewhere the basenames of the cars you DON'T want, to use later.

2. Put the carpack file in your game directory.

3. Create some empty .info files (so they are corrupt) and name each one with the basename of each car you DON'T want.

4. Put them in a folder called "tune" and pack them into a .zip file, then rename the extension to ar.

5. Rename the ar. file you created in the previous step to something that should appear in alphabetic order before the carpack file.

6. Ingame will only appear the cars you DIDN'T include in your ar. file.

I created this list because I think you understood my idea wrong ;)
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site