Imperial London Racepack

London Racemod! (Progress: 38/38 races, 100%)

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:10 am

PS: you should update the progress percentage in the topic subtitle. :wink:
Oh yess!
Thank you for bringing that to my notice :)
Updated now :)
Wow, those are some seriously interesting choices for opponents in Amateur mode. Love me some long races. I would love to try and beat this race with an Audi TT.
I'm quite sure the megamod doesn't have the BAI for those intersections.

Yet in default SF, the rooftop start races are quite possible. A lot of SF buildings actually have a roof, fortunately. I'm sure you will be able to make an amazing rooftop race :)
Oh man, you just sparked a new idea for me! The Hyatt Hotel rooftop would be a perfect start spot for such a race!
Yeah! A race starting at Hyatt Hotel rooftop, it would look awesome! :)
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:16 pm

I want to ask something, completing Professional MM2 is so difficult (I have only completed Amateur and use save game). Then how will anyone finish your and NotoriousA's racepacks with default cars. (I include your other racepacks also). And is finishing MM1 races possible?
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby RohitXL5 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:36 pm

I want to ask something, completing Professional MM2 is so difficult (I have only completed Amateur and use save game). Then how will anyone finish your and NotoriousA's racepacks with default cars. (I include your other racepacks also). And is finishing MM1 races possible?
Yeah, MM2's professional races are not easy initially. It really takes some time to have a strong grip on this game. You may find professional hard, you can definitely try NotoriousA's Intermediate Difficulty Racemod, it a level between Professional and Intermediate.
Playing Intermediate then professional will gradually improve skill. At the end you will even find Ultimate difficulty quite dumb.

It is actually interesting to play hard and new races. It gives nice feeling. Ofcourse losing again and again may annoy the player so much, but when you finally win, you feel like a God.
Anyone can definitely complete the racepack. We really pay attention to not make races entirely impossible. Sometimes, we deliberately leave some loopholes in our races which you'd notice after you actually play the racepack.

For MM1 default races, really they are not so hard. It's just traffic (and cops in some races) which makes them hard. A lot of races are so easy that they can be done by even City Bus.
The best way to win professional races is by not letting your opponents win. In MM1 you can just slip, slow and crash everyone out. Even Crosstown Switchback, Frosty Finale can be done by the City bus if you just crash the opponents :)
Amateur version is hell so easy.
You know, the Angel studios intentionally decreased acceleration of many opponents to 10-20% in many races. The Loop De Loop in amateur (which has all Panoz roadster) is beatable by Fastback due to this reason.

For MM1 CGE races, only the last 3-4 checkpoint races are pain. But, they have weaknesses too. You can actually do last three races of CGE by City Bus because it is easy to crash all the opponents in them. This is one of the crazy ways to win any race in MM1. I'm sure Microsoft put City Bus in game for this reason :D
Circuit races are definitely not too hard, except the last one.
Just play, play and play, you definitely master the game. If you develop habit by driving with mouse and perfect it, racing is a piece of cake.
[img][/img]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby RohitXL5 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:22 am

Hey, there. Apologies for double-posting, but this one is important!

With the 14th Checkpoint Race of the Imperial London Racepack, the checkpoint section is finally completed!
Finally managed to make a painful race which for me appeared to be decent for being a final race! It's a long and very speedy race. You might have to press F4 again and again. The amateur version of this race was too hard that I had to ease up the Roadster opponents a little bit to actually make the race be at amateur version. Earlier it too had rainy night, like the professional one, but to make a better visible gap between the two difficulties, it was turned into Foggy Night. Opponents are certainly annoying in this race from the very beginning :P

You may notice that the start spots of the 5 opponents fore you are placed like the ones in Frosty Finale of MM1.

Checkpoint #14 (Final): No Place Feels Like Home!

Features:
  • 8 Opponents.
  • Traffic: 0% traffic for both difficulties. Happy?
  • Time of Day and Weather: Foggy Night for Amateur and Rainy Night for Professional.
  • 19 cops, 4 buses (just a nice showcase block)
  • Amateur Opponents: 8 Panoz Roadsters
  • Professional Opponents: 8 Panoz GTR-1s
Pictures:

Amateur

Professional

---------------------------------------------------------------

With all the 14 checkpoints, more than one-third of the racepack's progress has been achieved by now.
I'm looking forward to fix some bugs in opponents of the checkpoint races and making minimaps for the races.
After that, I might start with Circuit Races first, and will try to complete them quite fast before this year and exam gets me busy. It wouldn't be much problem making blitz races thereafter, as in racemaking, it's the AI which takes majority of time to be made.

Have a nice day! Feel free to suggest ideas about anything for the racepack!
[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:35 pm

This last checkpoint race looks painful, indeed. :P Very nice work. :)
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby RohitXL5 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Hey there, long week it was!

I've got the 3 circuit races of the mod completed! I'm posting progress of all three together so as to take occupy of the forum's posts and also for better continuity throughout the pages of this topic!

Thanks to BUGATTIMAN253MPH for suggesting me some names of the races. On basis of the names, I've made 2 races as suggested by him - Trafalgar Terror and Hyde Hierarchy!
The third one is quite special to me as it is Riverside Run! MM1 is love.
Also, I've come up with decent loading screens and working minimaps for all the races in main menu.

Circuit #1: Trafalgar Terror

Features:
  • 6 Opponents.
  • Traffic: 25% for Amateur, 20% for Professional. Yes, circuit races should have traffic too! They look so dull without traffic :)
  • Time of Day and Weather: Clear Noon for Amateur and Cloudy Morning for Professional.
  • 3 Laps for both difficulties.
  • Amateur Opponents: 3 Ford F-350s and Classic Mini Coopers
  • Professional Opponents: 1 VW New Beetle and a Classic Mini Cooper. 2 Ford F-350s and New Mini Coopers.
Pictures:

Amateur

Professional

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circuit #2: Hyde Hierarchy

Features:
  • 5 Opponents.
  • Traffic: 15% traffic for both.
  • Time of Day and Weather: Clear Morning for Amateur and Cloudy Evening for Professional.
  • 2 Laps for both difficulties.
  • Amateur Opponents: 5 New Mini Coopers
  • Professional Opponents: 3 Ford Mustang Fastbacks and 2 Ford Mustang GTs.
Pictures:

Amateur

Professional

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circuit #3: Riverside Run

Features:
  • 8 Opponents.
  • Traffic: 17% Traffic for Amateur, 15% for Professional.
  • 12 Cops. Yes. Races ain't interesting if these guys are absent :P
  • Time of Day and Weather: Clear Evening for Amateur and Clear Night for Professional.
  • 2 Laps for both difficulties.
  • Amateur Opponents: 8 Cadillac Eldorados
  • Professional Opponents: 8 Ford Mustang GTs
Pictures:

Amateur

Professional

UFO Spotted
Lap 2! The beauty of London with Revisited at Night! Credits, _Deebz_ for such wonderful graphic alteration

In the Riverside Run, the third circuit race, I just copied the barricades from the race 'View from two Bridges', as they matched a little bit. I'm not really planning to make barricades (because I don't know to, and even if they were creatable, they would consume so much of time). It is just not worth spending time on weightless barricades in single player (in multiplayer though, it is).

Apart from designing these 3 circuit races, I have reviewed the checkpoint races and made a few changes-

Features changed in Checkpoint Races
  • The second checkpoint race, 'Subterranean Travelling', has its name changed now. New name for this race is 'Into The City'. Reason for this change is that the race has nothing like underground route as suggested by NotoriousA 2 years ago. I might make a circuit race if possible with name Subterranean Travelling which may actually take place in the Underground!
  • The tuning AI Panoz GTR-1s in 12th Checkpoint race 'Ninja Madness' in professional difficulty is fixed. Earlier, I was observing that they crashed 99% of times before reaching the final checkpoint which made them non-competitive in the race. Now, the probability of them to crash out is a lot less lower.
  • The Ford Mustang Cruiser opponents in Amateur Mod of Ninja Madness are now changed to DB7s. The reason was that the Cops trashed out most of the times due to their curbing issue. DB7s as AI have less of this issue.
May make next set of 3 circuit races in a week, or two!

Feel free to suggest new ideas for races, like names! Your help will most appreciated!
Have a nice day!
[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Impressive work. :D Nice way to use those kind of loading screens. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:48 pm

The first 2 circuits turned out brilliantly! You'd swear they were original MM2 races. I also welcome another MM1 recreation and cops in circuits with open arms. :aprobar:

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:51 pm

Amazing races :)

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:04 pm

Why do you add cops as racers by the way?
-Seahawk

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:12 pm

The opponent Cruisers use the same tuning as the cops, so they are as fast as the Panoz Roadster, if not faster and are also tougher.
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best active member avatar
Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby RohitXL5 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:42 am

Because they are very competitive as an opponent. Their (opponent racing cops) max speed is like 166.
They are a lot better than roadsters and GTRs in a race with many turns as they have better handling and almost no slipping issues.
However, the only issue they have is their curbing problem while driving through an elevated terrain sidewalk.
The player cop curbing is way less as compared to opponent's.

Opponent Cops are almost like a faster RSi with a little less curbing and slower roadster with high curbing.
Their acceleration is actually faster than roadster and DB7, thus they achieve their max speed much faster while losing less speed during turning.
All the positive points make them highly suitable for using as an opponent.
[img][/img]

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:13 am

And is that civil Mustang GT bad? What is that UFO?
-Seahawk

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Postby carfan1061 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:13 am

Cool. 8)

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby RohitXL5 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:10 pm

And is that civil Mustang GT bad? What is that UFO?
Civil Mustang GT is not bad. It is just quite slow compared to Opponent Mustang Cruiser.

Compare the maximum speeds-

Player Mustang GT - 133 mph
Opponent Mustang GT - 133 mph
Player Mustang Cruiser - 133 mph
Opponent Mustang Cruiser - 166 mph

Compared to Mustang Cruiser's maximum speed of opponent, the Mustang GT isn't impressive enough.

The UFO is actually a cop which accidentally soared itself into the air. See the map on bottom right, it hints the UFO is actually a cop :)
[img][/img]