Madness City 2 Secret Island is Invisible...

Secret Island in Madness City 2 is invisible, but it's there

<t>Are you having the same issue as I am?</t>

Yes I am
20%
No I am not
80%

Total votes: 5
Mercedes-Benz
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Madness City 2 Secret Island is Invisible...

Postby Mercedes-Benz » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:51 am

Hello,

Playing on Madness City 2 about 2 years ago, I found the secret island hidden in the ocean. I remember seeing it, it is like a construction site (but I don't remember music before, I'll get into that next). Now, when I try to find the island, I can NOT see it. I did eventually find where it USED to be after some long searching. I can't see it, but I hear music, and my car sometimes clips to an invisible road slightly off the water. It is the same music that is on the huge half-pipe in Madness City 3. Anyone know why this is? Or am I the only one with this issue?

[By the way, to get to the island, drive up to the nearest intersection straight ahead from spawn, turn left, and jump off the slope at about 500 mph or so. It should be somewhere out there. If draw distance is turned up all the way on your game, you should just barely see the city from the supposed location.]

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 9 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:56 am

I know this bug. It's happens time to time. Reboot the game or go back to the menu and load the map again. :wink:

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:00 am

I'd show you it but sadly im not on my pc so I cannot make a pic

Mercedes-Benz
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Mercedes-Benz » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:54 am

I actually did try reloading the map multiple times, but no matter how much I do it, it still does not work :(

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:01 am

You have also the Madness City 3 .ar file in the game directory, right? Because, all this sounds like a conflict given by that city to the previous one in some way. Remove the .ar file of Madness City 3 or rename it in way to have it under the Madness City 2 one in file name sorting (dunno if it's already so with their original file names). After, check in-game if now you can see the hidden secret island of Madness City 2.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Mercedes-Benz
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Mercedes-Benz » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:13 pm

Franch88, I do happen to have Madness City 3 in the same directory. I will try removing it and see if it fixes the issue. Thanks for the help :)

EDIT: It did work, and I was able to find it once again, but for some reason it only shows up in single-player mode. It is still invisible in multi-player.

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 9 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:39 pm

I think it never pops up in multiplayer.

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:48 pm

LOL I saw somebody made a room on GR yesterday named "Madness City 2 SECRET ISLAND!!" :P Was that you, Mercedes-Benz?
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

Mercedes-Benz
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Mercedes-Benz » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Why yes, it was. Me and another guy were looking for that for a while and trying to solve the "mystery".