Need help

Midtown Madness 2 textures to Midtown Madness 1

Kush
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Need help

Postby Kush » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:14 pm

I wanted to add MM2 textures to MM1.How to do that.I saw Rohit's tutorial but it's not working.Any other ideas?

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:24 pm

I don't think that works too well...like the guy who converted the mm2 beetle to mm1, didn't he say that his mm2 wheels didn't turn out very well?
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Well Kukuduku,

I can explain it in brief for now.

Things you should have first are the main core files including the texture files that is inside the mm2tex.ar file which you'll have to extract through dear2.

Get Tex Manager and locate the textures in it by using the method in my tutorial. Convert them to TGA then reconvert them to .dds format by application which includes feature of that (like photoshop, paint.NET etc.). Make sure to resize them to the dimensions of the texture you'll be replacing with the MM1. (Usually, the dimensions are 256x256)

Rename the texture to the name of the MM1 texture from which you'll be replacing the texture.

Make .AR archive or use recompiling method to make it work.

I know that it's complicated and hard to understand, but I can't explain it right now by pictures in this hurry. Hope it may help you.
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]