MM2: Software rendering on selection screen

Oh no!

Usetheforce
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

MM2: Software rendering on selection screen

Postby Usetheforce » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:47 pm

I decided to play some MM2 recently. I haven't played it in quite a few months, but...

On the car selection screen, all the cars are rendered in software rendering. This isn't that bad for the default cars, but all of my addon cars crash the game. I'm guessing this is because they can't display in software rendering or something? Does anyone know how to make the car selection screen display in hardware rendering?

One of my MM2 driver profiles has Exage as the last selected vehicle. I can't go past the car select screen on that profile. :(

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:52 pm

As my experience, I'll say that in software rendering, NO car with .tga format textures work.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

Usetheforce
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Usetheforce » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:58 pm

As my experience, I'll say that in software rendering, NO car with .tga format textures work.
Hey, that was a fast reply!

My main problem is having software rendering on the car selection screen. When I actually start driving, it'll be hardware rendered. I'm unable to even view my addon vehicles on the car select screen. The game will crash. :/

I have Riva(?)'s Ferrari Enzo car that actually works in the car select screen, but that's my only addon that works.

Should I just reinstall MM2?

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Cars work in selection screen but not in game? Image It's strange. It must work on both or on none of 'em.
-Seahawk

Usetheforce
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Usetheforce » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:38 pm

Cars work in selection screen but not in game? Image It's strange. It must work on both or on none of 'em.
Oh, sorry, I guess I didn't explain it well enough.

Nearly all of my addon cars crash the game. The car select screen is stuck on software rendering, but the game itself will still play in hardware rendering (when I choose a default car). The addon cars crash the game in the car select screen, so I can't select them. I believe the car select screen being stuck in software rendering prevent the addon cars from working.

If I can find my disc, I think I should just try to reinstall.

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Did you go to 'options', 'graphics'? You should be able to switch to hardware rendering. If you don't have hardware, my advice is don't even try to use add-ons. If you did select hardware and your selection screen is still software, then yes, I encourage reinstallation.
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Now I know what are you asking! Do the same what Storm said.
-Seahawk

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Postby FXANBSS » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:37 pm

Download This.

Revisited V5: zzzzzzzzzemptyvehicleslot.ar

https://mega.co.nz/#!9UtmTZhC!Js9YjXyj90 ... jIxYjcNMHA

Why that link not works?!?! 8O

PD: I don't like that monkey.
Last edited by FXANBSS on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Usetheforce
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Usetheforce » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:01 am

Download This.

Revisited V5: zzzzzzzzzemptyvehicleslot.ar

https://mega.co.nz/#!9UtmTZhC!Js9YjXyj9 ... jIxYjcNMHA

Why that link not works?!?! 8O

PD: I don't like that monkey.
Does that create an empty car slot? Also, my monkey is cool. 8)

It's kinda frustrating. I uninstalled and reinstalled MM2, made sure it's running in compatibility mode, removed all my addons, made new profiles... Car select screen is still stuck on software mode, and gameplay is still in normal Hardware (T&L) mode. I haven't tried installing the XP patch, though. But I did install the speedboot exe.

The problem I'm having is really bizarre, because the computer I'm using could run the car select in hardware just fine, and suddenly it's acting up. Was it a graphics driver update that did this? :?

Not sure if this question will make sense, but is the MM2 speedboot exe file based off the XP patch exe?

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Kunal2045 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:27 am

You guys didnt ask him for the most important thing...(Should be important IMO)

Whats your PC/Laptop specs? Thats if the problem still persists.
[align=center][color=black]Sig[/color]
[img]https://www.imgweave.com/view/4838.png[/img][/align]

Usetheforce
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Usetheforce » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:32 am

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core Processor 2.40 GHz, And an ATI Radeon HD 4600 graphics card. I'm not sure how much it matters, because MM2's car select screen was working fine a couple months ago...

Yes, I know. My PC is getting old. :(

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:35 am

Revisited V5 is here. In that mod, the empty vehicle slot is available. (Sent you the link because FXNBSS's link didn't worked.)
-Seahawk

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Revisited V5 is here. In that mod, the empty vehicle slot is available. (Sent you the link because FXNBSS's link didn't worked.)
He gave link to the 'zzzzzzzzzemptyvehicleslot.ar ' file from RV5.
In MM1, I get software rendering at vehicle selections' screen but hardware rendering in game-play.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Postby FXANBSS » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:55 pm

the don't work but you copy this and work.

https://mega.co.nz/#!9UtmTZhC!Js9YjXyj90 ... jIxYjcNMHA

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:28 pm

Kinda weird problem, indeed, but I guess that's something normal as consequence of the playing of the game on a too new system for the game. Have you tried to update the graphic card drivers with the latest ones compatible with yours? AMD is no more giving support for the old Radeon HD 4000 series, so what you'll download will be an old release, get it here (13.1 version). It's always better install the Windows XP patch: it's a patch to the game, for first, then it's for the Windows XP compatibility. After, apply the Speedboost.

That link doesn't get clickable because of the "#" symbol that breaks it. A forum system issue. You must select it, copy it, paste it on browser's address bar and go.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|