Sometimes my MM2 doesn't opeans.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

A MM2 problem.

Postby Seahawk » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:43 am

Sometimes my MM2 doesn't opeans, I think because of the file called MM2.LOCK. Is this really the problem. Or is it Heap Overrun? It must not be heap overrun as there is no message saying: "Found Heap!" Now I have 3 addon tracks and 13 addon cars and a bunch of mods. What is the problem then? Heap Overrun OR the MM2.LOCK file? :?: :?
Last edited by Seahawk on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:32 pm

MM2.lock file shows after your game has crashed. You have heap overrun because your PC is lame and cannot handle those addons

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:57 pm

And if you're running MM2 on software rendering mode, then any vehicle that has .tga format textures will crash the game giving a fatal error. (That's what my experience tells).
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:00 pm

And if you're running MM2 on software rendering mode, then any vehicle that has .tga format textures will crash the game giving a fatal error. (That's what my experience tells)
I have some vehicles like that, but I do not select them. And before I had grafics card, These files didn't crashed.
-Seahawk

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Just get something that can run MM2 perfectly and the problem will be gone

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:28 pm

"Something" means what?
-Seahawk

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:50 pm

"Something" means what?
A new rig.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm

I get "heap overrun" or something to that effect occasionally trying to load a new car, track, or mod, and as many as I've collected now, I only use them one at a time. Funny thing is, most of the things that have caused errors, work now. Sometimes, I fix it just by playing on a new user name, other times by returning the car or whatever in my "library" (folder where I keep unused cars) till my next boot-up and then trying it. One car, Batmobile, I discovered was in the wrong category as its the mm1 model but its in the mm2 download section. Another error message was because the car I was trying to run apparently had no model (tried loading it on vehicle viewer).
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby KingAndy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Does your MM2 crash during the start screen of the game? If yes, just delete the folder "players" from your MM2 directory and it should work.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:56 pm

How much disinformation here... Such game running problems have been already discussed many times in the forum, the info are already available.
About your case, you play the game with the software rendering graphic. Play the game and add-ons it's not recommended with that setting because can be problematic. As previously told you, update the graphic card, or change PC... The "Heap Overrun" and similar error messages are especially got when having too much add-ons in the game folder, but the quality that you've described isn't exaggerated.

The mm2.lock file gets automatically created everytime that you run the game, and when quitting from the game, it removes it. When the game gets a crash and shuts down, that file remains, obviously; it's made to advice, when the user do the next game launching, that previously happened a problem with the game working (it lets open the YIKES.RTF file, with some tips written). Run the game and manage the adjunctive .ar files though MM2 Game Loader program to let ignore all this thing.
And if you're running MM2 on software rendering mode, then any vehicle that has .tga format textures will crash the game giving a fatal error. (That's what my experience tells).
If it's so, it's a weird experience, because in the few occasions when I've played the game in software rendering using add-on cars that uses textures in TGA format I haven't got game crashes. Then, the game itself already uses the TGA format for some of its textures.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:54 am

I moved all addon .ar files and MM2 worked.
-Seahawk