How get into MM1 .ar files?

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

How get into MM1 .ar files?

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Before you tell me I'm an idiot for attempting mm1 to mm2 conversions, and before you tell me to get permissions to get into people's mm1 creations, I'm not really intending to do much of any conversion, even for personal use. I just want the experience and as 3D modeling is legally countable as one of my high school electives, I can count conversion attempts as school (the nice thing about homeschooling). So, my question:

How do I crack into MM1 .ar files to get what I need to mod them in Zmodeler? I'm not getting deAR to work.

Also, I've opened a couple mm2 cars, but how do I turn the info from there into a Zmodeler file?
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby KingAndy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Well, I really don't know nothing about MM1, I never played that game and I don't want to because MM2 is better for modding. The only thing I know from MM1 is the Archipelago track, because I have the MM2 conversion and I really love that track.

But I can help you about opening cars on ZModeler. If you want to open a MM2 car at Zmodeler you need to find the pkg. file of the car, after that, on ZModeler 1.7 you choose "import", and look for the pkg. file you want to open. A message saying that the BOUND was not found will probably appear, because the BOUND is not saved on pkg. files. It will not have the textures and the wheels, breakable parts and headlights sometimes got messed up.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:56 pm

headlights sometimes got messed up.
Like my VW! :P

Anyway KingAndy is completely correct. But, someone may correct me if I am wrong, I've heard somewhere that mm1 too mm2 conversions dont turn out so hot. So, for easy conversions, I would start out with going to Riva's Site and click one of top-right games to convert cars from. :wink:
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:17 pm

I know I'm an idiot for attempting, that's why I said don't tell me I'm one. I want to do it because if I can convert mm1 to mm2, I can convert anything.

Thanks for the info about mm2, I was looking for a z3d file or something...and mr. pkg was sitting right there.

I managed to open a mm1 ar file, but its only a list of words "?????"
Gotta figure out how to get that to be a 3D model

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby KingAndy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:51 pm

[...] I can convert anything.
[...]
Not really, you can convert things from games that your Zmodeler version can open. The 1.7 version is really important because is the only one who can create the files for Midtown Madness 2, but it can't open really much cool games. If you get Zmodeler 2.2, that one opens some nice games files like GTA San Andreas or some Need for Speed saga games, and after make your convertion on 2.2, you simply need to export as "old Zmodeler files", open with Z1.7 and convert to MM2 ;)
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:29 pm

I got both now. And the "I can convert anything" was just an expression to mean since its so hard, once I know how to do it, converting other programs should be simple. Besides, there's a couple of MM1 trucks I want for mm2 and it seems converting, or partially rebuilding off of the mm1 model, would be simpler than rebuilding completely.