Some of my ideas for MM2

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Some of my ideas for MM2

Postby KingAndy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi, I have a few ideas for MM2 but I'm not good on computers enough to create them for myself or even know if any of them is possible to create. Anyway, there is a list of some cool things I think could be fun on MM2. Feel free to use them:

-> Burnout car: Car modelers already made cars that can make cool drifts, wheelies... But never a car that can make a burnout. I was thinking in a car, with rear traction, that when we drive it, it make a burnout during some seconds until the car start moving.

-> Drag racer car (this one I think I can make): A car in drag racers style, really fast (but with realistic tuning of a drag racer car), for use in SF pro drag edition. for the car don't lost the control, it may needs nice brakes, and low wheel rotation.

-> Amphibian car: The drive on water mod is really nice to explore the places of the cities we can't get from land. But it's not realistic. My idea is create a amphibian car, like the WW2 ones, that can drive on land and on water like a boat. In water the car did not drive like with the drive on water mod, but the wheels came a bit inside of the water and it moves on the water a bit slow, like a boat.

-> Flying car (OK, this one is silly): I got this idea from the old Real Ghostbusters cartoon, where they have a flying motorcycle. Wheel, my idea is make a car that can be drive like a normal car, but can fly like a plane too.

-> New pedestrians: I think I never saw a mod to make the pedestrians looks more realistic. We can put in game great detailed cars, better looking traffic, better looking police cars, new improved textures in cities, but the pedestrians always looks bad. My idea is create new pedestrians, with better graphics.

So this is some of my ideas. If you want to use them, feel free to make them, only tell me when it finish for I download it, because it's all stuff I would like to have in MM2 :)
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:43 pm

1) There is a mode for burnout of the wheels of cars made by dummiesboy.

2) Drag race car, I'm making 1 dragster. Half body is finished (But not yet textured.)

3) Idk about any amphibious car made for MM2. But it will only work on water by the drive on water mod, better make an amphibious car for Rigs of Rods (RoR). And if you complete it, you can upload it here.

4) Flying cars...... Better make 'em for RoR and upload 'em here.

5) Uhm. New pedestrians. I also thought to modify them. But their file in MM2 is unknown. :(
Last edited by Seahawk on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'll search for the dummiesboy mod, a burnout car is probably really fun. And I will love to see your dragster when its finished too :)

I'm curious about Rigs of Rods, I'll take a look on it.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Sorry for this idiot question, but where can I get the burnout mod?

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:20 am

It is here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at RoR:
Here
&
here.
Last edited by Seahawk on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
-Seahawk

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:26 am

Dragsters can be well made in MM2 by enhancing the tuning files, there was one on mmarchive.
I didn't understand what exactly you mean by 'burnout', and that mod made by Dummiesboy modifies the smoke texture to look like fire. :wink:

Making an amphibian car for MM2 is impossible until there's some way of modifying the source code in the .exe. MM2 will always treat any vehicle that goes into water as sunken and will either restart the game or make you lose, depending on the race mode. Even if there would be some way to stay in water and avoid game restart, steering will not work, neither will the propulsion system.

Flying vehicles are normal vehicles with a parameter called 'downforce' set to negative value. It is the force experienced in the downward direction due to air when a car travels fast. Making this negative will make the force act upwards and provide lift. But steering is not possible in air as the steering wheels do not have contact with ground.

Pedestrians in MM2 are in file format .skel and .anim which no one knows how to open (someone should discover it). :P

@Seahawk, we're talking about MM2 and not RoR.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:02 pm

I said that they must be made for RoR instead of MM2.
-Seahawk

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:51 pm

I didn't understand what exactly you mean by 'burnout', and that mod made by Dummiesboy modifies the smoke texture to look like fire. :wink:
Ohh, the fire on wheels mod I already tryed, but it's not realistic, I prefer the mod who make even more smoke. But that wasn't my idea, I wanted to say something like this (not a so big burnout, but it's the best video I found on youtube):

With the extra smoke mod and in inclined roads we can make a similar effect, but its not the same ;)

I said that they must be made for RoR instead of MM2.
I understand the idea :aprobar:

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:31 pm

I've seen that video on a TV show- 'You Have Been Warned'. Its amazing. :)
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

It_Is_Me
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 11 years

Postby It_Is_Me » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:13 pm

Some of those ideas look fun! :)
[color=gray]It is me[/color]
[color=red]THE CLASSIC MINI FAN![/color]

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:14 pm

Rigs of Rods is a cool game but you can't convert stuff to it, and it is highly broken atm, Still me being me, I am trying to fix the issues with it [yes I got code]. Anyways, It would be a cool challenge for an amphibious car in MM2
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:46 pm

I give my reply about your ideas, which some are possible and others not.

Make a burnout as you've described it's possible in MM2, with a tuning when while keep both the brakes and the acceleration on the rear wheels make smoke and skidmarks. Besides the FireTire mod, that's not meant for realism, there's the Hastantyo's Smoke Mod, which makes the smoke bigger and increases its disappearing time.

About dragsters, some are available for MM2. At MMArchive there should be at least two.

Well, the amphibious vehicle effect can be recreated by making a vehicle that looks like an hovercraft, and play it using the Drive on Water Mod V2, so to easily go on the ground and on the water.

You can well see how the flying effect can be got in MM2 by playing one of the planes add-ons made. It's only possible let take-off and lift up any vehicle through a particular tuning, but no control in air it's possible.

Concerning the pedestrians, as far as I remember it's only possible import in ZModeler and look at the .pkg files of their models, but it's not possible export them because of not supported objects by the PKG filter, or whatever. The other files used for the pedestrians are for the animations, and surely they fit only the original models of the pedestrians, so they wouldn't never fit to different higher polygons models.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:20 am

1 dragster is available in Sajmon's Midnight Club 2 mod:

It is here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of my ideas are to work on races, and making 'em more difficult like XL5 and Giga. And to add different cops in cruise. And editing the crash course. Making traffic on Lombard street and Bay bridge. Converting Freightliner Century Class's trailer from MM1. And converting Chicago from MM1. Making a track with flyovers passing from 1 another. Making tunnels as same as the flyovers. Editing pedestrians. (Which is unknown.) Editing traffic. Making extra Wagons for London underground train. And much more.
Last edited by Seahawk on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Seahawk

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:03 pm

I'm really curious about that dragsters, I will try them! :D

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:58 pm

1 dragster is available in Sajmon's Midnight Club 2 mod:

https://www.mm2x.com/modules.php?name=Downl ... or_one#get
not really a dragster, just a Pontiac GTO copy modified for street racing :P

btw some of these ideas you wrote with that small font are nearly impossible but the Century trailer was already done by me and it's available here:

https://mm2m.tnb.pl/downloads.php?cat_id=3

remember it doesn't work properly and it doesn't have Revisited mod paintjobs but still it's better than nothing