Changing Sky textures in MM1 with MM2 textures

"Requested by "NotoriousA""

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:02 pm

Sorry about that but I used Tex Manager because my photoshop didn't opened .tga files.
Don't worry, there's nothing wrong in this step, and surely you mean the .tex files, those that Photoshop can't really open, it instead can well open the .tga files. Practically the use of Tex Manager to convert from TEX to TGA formats is forced when you want to edit textures that in origin are in this file format.
I over explained first steps because I wanted to explain each and every thing so everybody can understand to use it.
I've understood that's the point. In few would try to do what this tutorial explains, anyway.
I already have all the sky textures extracted.
Ok, but for who wants to try to do that this tutorial says it's useless say to extract all the textures files and then say to detect only the skies ones, the only needed. Knowing the files names you can well say which files have to be extracted.
I first vertically flipped it in photoshop for optional step to edit the texture and I didn't knew that there is a DDS Converted program. Thanks for telling all this. I'll keep all in the mind.
Really in the tutorial isn't said that the texture flipping is an optional step in case you want to edit it, the tutorial makes think that's clearly a forced thing to do, or otherwise you'll get an upside down sky in-game, I guess.
About the DDS Converted program, there's to see if with it can be get properly .dds textures files like in the way explained in the tutorial. Maybe can happen that because of its using the textures are converted with different parameters and they can get a weird look in-game.
There is a file named lightning.csv locate in tune folder. Open it with Microsoft Excel.
Wouldn't be better use Windows Notepad instead of Microsoft Excel? Due to it the editing is simpler and quicker.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby NotoriousA » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:08 am

I personally think Microsoft Excel seems easier to use.
[img][/img]

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:53 am

There is a file named lightning.csv locate in tune folder. Open it with Microsoft Excel.
Wouldn't be better use Windows Notepad instead of Microsoft Excel? Due to it the editing is simpler and quicker.
I didn't used notepad because it is hard to find the correct tab of values to edit. Microsoft excel is good .csv files and vanishes confusions.
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]