Need password for mm2 classic madness mod.

pass need (NOT for uploading a new mod of it!)

Zolika004
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Need password for mm2 classic madness mod.

Postby Zolika004 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:49 pm

I Need the password for mm2 classic madness mod!
I don't use it to upload mods fo c.m. 2, only for MY use.
Classic madness 2 creator! please send a private message! please!
(Only for core.ar) !

Sorry for my bad english.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:18 pm

The mod is locked so that nobody besides the author can make changes to it, and Maxoff has been gone for a few years now.

Gafaddict
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Postby Gafaddict » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Wasn't an unlocked version of the mod released some point back?
[color=white]So many rocks up in my watch I can't tell what the time is

Also, [url=https://www.mmarchive.com]Midtown Madness Archive[/url][/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:26 pm

The file locking makes WinRar and 7-Zip see like if the .ar file is password protected, when really isn't so. The mod authors, HQTM-Team (Maxoff was a member of them), no longer exists.
Only the .ar file of the two add-on cities included in the mod isn't locked, so to allow edits; the authors did this because the cities weren't finished. Classic Madness mod was released as unfinished.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:00 am

Even with the AR unlocker it is impossible to unlock.
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:02 am

Yes, they went to extra lengths to protect an unfinished mod that they encouraged people to finish.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:22 am

Maybe they exaggerated with protecting most of the mod features, contained in the main !CM_Core.ar file, since they were willing that someone had to complete them, this can't be seen as an incentive. But for what main reason they did it? To prevent not allowed uses of the files that they made, like the stealing of the cars models that someone could convert for other games, maybe neither doing credits. What they locked were the features that according to they were completed, keeping the only the ones that according to they weren't not completed in two separated not locked .ar files.

It's evident that you haven't lived the great years of this community when HQTM-Team was active... HQTM-Team always put competence and professionalism in everything they did.
As they said in the Classic Madness releasing notes: "The cities files are not protected. Tune and sounds of the cars will probably also need some modification, this is why we included !CM_!_Changes.ar". So, they kept in two not locked the files of the cities, the cars tunings and the cars sounds that absolutely needed to be completed, and in case someone wants to do it, he had to release it as an add-on separated from their CM release. Then, the fact that pratically nobody and seriously showed to the community neither the intention to do them, it's another thing.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:54 pm

lol, I was only joking, Franch. Hence the image that you removed.

I'm aware that the core one is the only one locked. But there are alot more things in that mod that need finished besides tuning and sounds. (wasn't that changes file empty anyway?) The whole argument about locking is old now (and it doesn't matter anymore either, because of the unlocker), but I think everyone can agree that locking an unfinished mod isn't smart.

And believe it or not, I very clearly remember the HQTM team. They made some cool things, and I still drive a few of their cars from time to time.