Holidays in London or/and SF

i have idea maybe it will be interesting for someone

MUDAK
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Holidays in London or/and SF

Postby MUDAK » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:38 am

HI ALL!!Sorry for my not good english,but i guess you will understand me! Unfortunately i cant modding maps,objects etc,but what about making some interesting?I suggest 2 holidays halloween and Christmas.Halloween-some figures of ghosts, scattered in London on a buildings or parks,retextured windows with pumpkins on a windowsills,holiday bazaar in parks decorated with festive things on holiday theme for example,to make some myth and revitalize the city, making it more rich and interesting. To make it more interesting people should be find those figures. Christmas-updated snow mod with some new objects like snowmans christmas trees,again holiday bazaars to make festive mood,some snowdrifts,snow on roofs and windowsills to make winter more realistic.I think that it will be better if modders can combine with mm2 revisited last version,people can play without incompatible modes.If i can modding i do this personally then upload here,but sorry i cant.I hope that this idea interest someone powerfull moders and they can realize this idea.I think that it will be very interesting for all.Thank you for your attention i will wait!! :wink:

chris534mm2
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby chris534mm2 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:58 am

Good idea, but i cant mod either lol
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/843791b1fc5535b2cfbd18bc28a3527b.gif[/img]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Postby whoami » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:57 am

Well, someone here made some sort of a Christmas mod, check the Mods section for it.
PS: Welcome :D
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

MUDAK
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby MUDAK » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Thank you!Yes i know about it and have one,but i think it will be better to make some snowmans christmas trees snowdrifts etc,about I've already written,and name this mod Christmas Mod v3.

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Postby whoami » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Thank you!Yes i know about it and have one,but i think it will be better to make some snowmans christmas trees snowdrifts etc,about I've already written,and name this mod Christmas Mod v3.
Good idea, but who will do it? Not me, I can't model a car, let alone part of a city ;)
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

MUDAK
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby MUDAK » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Maybe here come someone who can and want to do it. :)

I created this topic in order to find someone who can do it. :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:22 pm

Pretty good mods ideas, despite the new objects adding in the game cities will have to conflict with other mods that does this same thing, can't be a great problem, though, it's normal in the modding of this game. But, in practice you won't find nobody to make them, unfortunately.

The Christmas Mod by Anthony, available in two versions, it's just a snow mod that replaces the rain weather with a not well made show one, but it doesn't do nothing else than also change the game menus and little more with ones in Christmas theme (version 2). From this base can be added the Christmas themed objects in the cities.
Years ago someone was making an Halloween themed mod, it was just a texture mod for the game cities (something similar to the SF Repainted Mod by HPA), no new objects adding, but despite this it was turning out nice.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

MUDAK
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby MUDAK » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:57 pm

Well this is sad,but thank you for attention.Maybe I'll try to do something myself, and if I can do it, I will write about it here.If I have questions how convert or something, I hope for your help.

Franch can you show me halloween mod?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:22 pm

Good give an attempt into these things. :wink:
Here's the now really old topic about the Halloween Mod, beta download link is dead and only one image works. The author planned to add Halloween themed props and support both the cities, but this never happened.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:36 pm

Snowdrifts.. interesting and possible :)
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

MUDAK
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby MUDAK » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:36 am

Thank you Franch but this mod i did not like. So I can not promise that I will do everything,before that i had never tried to modding something.I think it will be hard work for me. :)

I try to master programm mm2ct now.It's not so hard, I've done a lot of copies of trees to make a good real forest park,cause my first step is making good parks. But i dont understand why when i open London map and enter Load Textures all is white in the city without textures.

AARO maybe you can help me later with snowdrifts?I can`t do this but i know where i can find props in a form of snowmans and christmas trees.Creating a new good Christmas snow mod is much easier and more affordable than Halloween. :wink:

P.S. Can`t make good file.ar to test it,game crashes with error

"MemMemoryAllocator:::FindHeap failed on ptr6f69a10"

And DEAR2 says ERROR 05:Wrong MM2 AR file

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:39 am

Just make a .zip and rename it to .ar
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby NotoriousA » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:20 am

Playing in a MM2 with a Halloween mod will definitely go with this theme!

[img][/img]

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:52 pm

Nice idea! To make an .ar file, you may try this tutorial for how to make stationary camera mod for any car.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

MUDAK
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby MUDAK » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Thank you all for help,i try to make .ar file with those ways.Yes,good theme,but it is side issue.
And how can i fix a problem with white textures in mm2ct?Why it happens?

P.S. Maybe loading screen :) https://www.mm2x.com/modules.php?op=modload ... erby=dateD