MM2 > MM1 (Cars)

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:41 am

Good to hear you still want to complete this. :) Hope you don't mind that I uploaded the missing cars on MMarchive.
Retired from modifying Midtown Madness games. Nowadays I mod Crashday Redline Edition in my spare time.

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:03 am

Weird thing is, I can't even get the VCK working on my Windows 7 PC. Only works on my Windows 7 laptop. Maybe it could be something like that.
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

Toty
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Toty » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:37 am

Hope you don't mind that I uploaded the missing cars on MMarchive.
I would actually be quite thankful if you did that for all of them, I haven't been able to create an account for some reason.
Weird thing is, I can't even get the VCK working on my Windows 7 PC. Only works on my Windows 7 laptop. Maybe it could be something like that.
Sorry, I got the terms mixed up. I got a laptop with Windows 8.1.

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:21 am

I uploaded the LTV, 59 Caddie, RSI and the Silver Eagle fire truck. Those were the missing ones. :)
Retired from modifying Midtown Madness games. Nowadays I mod Crashday Redline Edition in my spare time.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:25 am

Good News:
The project is still going on by Toty:
BIG IMAGE
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years

Postby FXANBSS » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:53 am

Wooo! :D There is still hope!

Toty
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Toty » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:31 am

So, like I said in my post back in July 2015, I'm still interested in finishing this carpack, and as it says in the email posted by Seahawk, I finally got MM1 working on Windows 10 thanks to this, which means I'm working on this project again.

I finished the Moon Rover after 4 years in the making, here is a picture:

The dashboard had to be modified in order to make the MM1 map and rearview mirror fit properly:

I'll upload it to mm2x after writing this.

This means that all of the cars from MM2 Revisited 5 are now converted, however, as also stated in the email, I am now revisiting all of the cars, improving some things here and there, mainly with sounds and textures. I hope I can get everything, or at least most of the work done before March, and release the carpack by then, which will include the American LaFrance firetruck.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:55 am

Good Work! And please also make a complete tutorial.
Will you convert dash for this Monster Truck? Have you put the lights inside the rover so that it looks without any lights as it was in MM2?
-Seahawk

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Looks very nice, it's good to see you back completing this project. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Toty
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Toty » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:34 am

Thanks for the feedback. As for your questions Seahawk, the Monster Truck is not a car originally from MM2, so if I were to convert it, it would be a separate project. I might do it eventually. Also, no, the lights are not inside the rover, I simply didn't create objects for the lights in Zmodeler. And regarding the tutorial, I have thought about it, but I'm not making any promises. It would take a couple months for that to be done, because I'm usually quite busy with university.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:25 am

I was talking about a mod patch for that truck to add dash to it. I know it's a MM1 truck. But how can MM1 work without lights? :roll:
-Seahawk

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:26 pm

Great work :D

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:03 am

I'll try the rover soon. :) Good work finishing it. Looking ahead for the firetruck and possible tutorial.
-Seahawk

Toty
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Toty » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:24 am

Well, here it is! I finished converting all the new cars made by Angel Studios for Midtown Madness 2, to make them playable in Midtown Madness 1. This car pack includes all previously released conversions, but all of them have been improved in one way or another.

List of features, only some of them are new:

* Top speed for each gear in every car is the same as in MM2. Transmissions are the same as well.

* Acceleration is roughly the same as in MM2 by comparing 0-60 times, and in some cases, 0-100.

* Dashboards with corrected speedometers.

* Controls, handling and physics have been adjusted considering how the cars behave in MM2 while considering how the MM1 physics engine works, which is obviously very different to the physics engine in MM2. Cars are a bit heavier than what they are in MM2, because that is also the case with every car that is present in both games.

* The audio has been adjusted to sound as close as possible to MM2, but it is not possible to make it sound exactly the same, since MM1 only supports 2 audio files per car while MM2 uses 4. Some audio files used here are combinations of audio files from MM2. All audio qualities are supported.

* POV cams and dash cams are the same as in MM2, while far and near cams are copied from original MM1 cars, since they don't translate quite well when you copy the values from MM2, although some of them have been slightly modified.

* Damage effects include damage textures, smoke, and proper values used in the banger files for the wheels.

* The textures now use proper clamping methods. This removes the lines that went right through the middle of some of the cars. The quality of some textures in-game have been improved.

* Full Software Rendering support.

* MM1-style headlights, compatible with MM1 Revisited v3.

* All the paint jobs from MM2 Revisited V5 are included.

* Descriptions in the vehicle selection screen are the same as in MM2, but they have been remade using the MM1 font and layout. Some of them have been modified because they were too long.

* Accurate statistics are shown in the vehicle selection screen.

* Cop cars have working sirens and cops don't chase after them.

Here are some pictures of the previously unreleased American LaFrance Eagle. I wasn't able to make the trailer change colors, so I decided to make it white, it looks ok to me. I also decided to imitate MM1 RV3 and make the front and rear lights flash with the sirens. As for bugs, it still needs to be played with Speed Loading, but at least I was able to remove the smoke from the original semi.

I intend to release this on MM2x, but I have a question since I'm not very familiar with uploading mods. I noticed that there is a file size limit of about 15 MB, and the Car Pack is about 36 MB. I also noticed that there are other mods that are larger than 15 MB. Am I supposed to provide my own download link in this case?

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:58 am

Just upload them and ask Franch88 to replace the older ones. And keep it as different downloadable vehicles instead of a single file. I think you should first ask Dummiesboy about the trailer problems. Register here. Dummiesboy's present there.
-Seahawk