Arcade or Realism?

Wrong cars for wrong game

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Arcade or Realism?

Postby whoami » Wed May 09, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi. I've been noticing how strange it is now to call MM2 as an "arcade" game, as the whole "arcade-ness" is now replaced by real-looking stuff. I mean, realistic cars, realistic tracks, where is the arcade gone? Not fair, you :P Just kidding, but i mean all the arcade stuff. I really do.
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

nitro101
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Postby nitro101 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Too me: MM2 is not an arcade game it's the best game in the world!
"to me: it's life in a video game"

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby whoami » Thu May 10, 2012 12:21 pm

No, really. I mean it. When was the last time you found a car on MM2x with "Arcade" physics?

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Thu May 10, 2012 6:22 pm

If you think the addon cars released anymore on this site are realistic, then you've obviously never driven a real car. They dont even have good tuning either, it's really low quality. Addon makers only care for looks anymore.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:59 pm

If you're looking for realistic cars driving in videogames, MM2 isn't not for you, you must look upper to the simulators. If you think that MM2 can even get something close to the realism, well, you're completely wrong. You can barely get a realistic looking behavior of the car in curving with the suspensions, a bit with the accelerating and a bit with the top speed reachable, nothing else. When it's said realistic tuning, in the case of MM2 vehicles, it hasn't to be taken on the real meaning of the words. Must be said that from how vehicles tuning and physics it's made in MM2 isn't allowed a great setting of them. Of course this is both for the add-on vehicles that for the default game vehicles, especially for these last.
MM1 and MM2, like many other driving racing games, are still fully arcade with mods and add-ons...
Addon makers only care for looks anymore.
This is right, and surely is because it's the possible only thing that can work in a great way with this old game. Other old games are more restrictive, like with the using of higher poylgons models and of higher resolution textures.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Fri May 11, 2012 12:43 am

It isn't impossible to make good tuning. Just takes skill and patience. Cars like the default Fastback have amazing handling, even though it's not realistic. My monster truck (which still hasn't been released, most likely wont be either) has the best addon tuning that I've ever made personally, and it easily beats any recent car. (Anyone who's tried it will agree). The key is to not try and be realistic, and just go with what feels best for that car overall. Also, don't ignore everything that isn't related to speed and mass, the rest of those values are there for a reason.

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Triple_X » Fri May 11, 2012 11:04 am

well for me the car with the best tuning in is my Gymkhana , it just feels good and fun driving it ... back on the topic i would like more arcadish tuning like way better lunch on cars for example when you accelerate on races AI always has a better start and few other things that would make it more fun driving
[color=white][b][u]MM2X Awards : [/u][/b]

[img][/img] | Funniest Active Member [/color]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby whoami » Fri May 11, 2012 12:34 pm

OK, I agree, I've never driven a car. But I'm going to show you what I mean.

ettieapple
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Postby ettieapple » Fri May 11, 2012 4:09 pm

cliffhanger...
[color=white]!!!Frysl?n boppe!!![/color]